Re: Can't start game and aspiration trouble

by simplydawn

Original Post

Can't start game and aspiration trouble

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased a physical copy of the Sims 4 premuim edition, from day one I have had an issue were I can only launch the game within a few minutes of starting up my pc.  After that the game will not turn on unless I restart my computer.  I have no custom content install.  Within the game I also have an issue with the soulmate aspiration where you are supposed to apologize to your angry spouse.  The apology does not count when I perform the interection on the rare case that it is even there. My computer is windows 7.

Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)

Hero

@Cloven_Nymph moved to general forum

For your aspiration issue, please repost here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Romance-Aspiration-Soulmate-quot-be-married-to-BFF-q...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Cloven_Nymph wrote:

I purchased a physical copy of the Sims 4 premuim edition, from day one I have had an issue were I can only launch the game within a few minutes of starting up my pc.  After that the game will not turn on unless I restart my computer.  I have no custom content install.  Within the game I also have an issue with the soulmate aspiration where you are supposed to apologize to your angry spouse.  The apology does not count when I perform the interection on the rare case that it is even there. My computer is windows 7.

My "me, too" is for the aspiration issue. I also have a physical copy of the Premium Edition. Like you, Smooth Apology and Apologize...In Bed didn't always pop up as options after my spouse was angry; when they did, the action wasn't recognized and the aspiration wouldn't advance. I tried so many times that my married soulmates ended up just being married acquaintances. Saying I was frustrated is an understatement. I ended up using a cheat code to clear it. This worked for me so I hope it works for you! Here ya go:

• use CTRL+SHIFT+C to open the cheat window
  • type TESTINGCHEATS TRUE
  • once your cheats are turned on type ASPIRATIONS.COMPLETE_CURRENT_MILESTONE

(I used CAPS here for clarity only; I used all lowercase when actually entering the cheats.)

Credit goes to TwistedMexi on reddit  at http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index.

Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)