Re: Can't start The Sims 4 with the video card in this system.

by FeeFort

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't start The Sims 4 with the video card in this system.

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone! I have a laptop, I needed to reinstall Windows on 64 bit. After reinstalling the system, Sims does not start with this error: Can't start The Sims 4 with the video card in this system (everything was fine before reinstalling). What drivers do I need to install?

Message 1 of 5 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

@FeeFort  Don't worry about the wait; it's totally fine.

Your graphics card is in fact in the Sims 4 database, but the driver for your card is ten years old.  It looks like Dell has a driver from 2016 for your particular model laptop and Windows 7.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-n5110/drivers

Click "Show all 42 downloads," then scroll down to the Intel HD Graphics 3000 video driver, dated May 2016.  Or, if you prefer, you can go through Dell's Russian support page.  I can't tell you exactly how to do it, since I don't speak a word of Russian, but you should be able to enter your serial number to identify your laptop, then go to Support, then Drivers and Downloads.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

All Replies

@FeeFort  That depends on the graphics card in your laptop.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for waiting. Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (367 Views)

@FeeFort  Don't worry about the wait; it's totally fine.

Your graphics card is in fact in the Sims 4 database, but the driver for your card is ten years old.  It looks like Dell has a driver from 2016 for your particular model laptop and Windows 7.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-n5110/drivers

Click "Show all 42 downloads," then scroll down to the Intel HD Graphics 3000 video driver, dated May 2016.  Or, if you prefer, you can go through Dell's Russian support page.  I can't tell you exactly how to do it, since I don't speak a word of Russian, but you should be able to enter your serial number to identify your laptop, then go to Support, then Drivers and Downloads.

Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! ^_^

Message 5 of 5 (344 Views)