Can't start Sims 4 on 64-bit

by Reinardd

Original Post

Can't start Sims 4 on 64-bit

★ Novice

I got the Sims 4 last year but hadn't tried it yet (because of time and the fact that I love the sims 3)

Now I want to give the sims4 a try, so I go to my origin library and see that I can't launch the game and I have to get the legacy edition and use that. However, I don't want that for multiple reasons, the first being not being able to use the gallery....

I have a 64-bit OS and my computer has the required specs. I know I am a little late on the sims4 bandwagon.... but I'd like to be able to play it! 

(NOTE: I read about right clicking on the sims 4 in the library and going to advanced settings, but it won't let me do that either.)

What can I do?

Message 1 of 2 (395 Views)

Re: Can't start Sims 4 on 64-bit

@Reinardd  When you right-click on the Sims 4 icon in Origin, you need to select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options to see the 64-bit setting.  If it's not there, right-click on the TS4 icon and select Repair, then look again.  However, this only applies to Windows; if you're on a Mac, the game runs in 64-bit regardless; the Legacy Edition is for computers that don't support Metal, a completely different issue.

If you can't launch Sims 4 in 64-bit at all, please post a screenshot of the error you're getting, or if it crashes, let me know when.  And please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (385 Views)