Re: Can't select anything

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Can't select anything

★ Novice

So I open the sims 4 and create my new save file in cas but when I get to the lot I choose to play on it will allow me to click on things for about 20 minutes. Then it will freeze and go into what I call spectator mode in which I cannot click anything. Not even the menu to close the game. No, in order to leave the game I have to hit my windows button and then force close it. I just want to play the sims 4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now, that didn't fix it. I have repaired it and checked for updates to no avail as to what is causing the problem.

Can someone please help me so I can play the sims 4?

Thank you, 

Fluffydragons98

Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fluffydragons98 

It sounds like it is overheating. Make sure to remove dust and check that the fans work. If it is a laptop make sure it is elevated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (280 Views)

★★ Novice

Are you able to move around the house like a strange camera? Or are you frozen?

Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)

★ Novice
@strawberrypuffle like the strange camera, sorry I took so long to reply I just moved.
Message 4 of 5 (245 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fluffydragons98 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (213 Views)