Re: Can’t seem to secure a connection when downloading cc

by HarleyQuinn2922

Original Post

Can’t seem to secure a connection when downloading cc

★★★ Newbie

Recently when I have been trying to download cc on my computer a message keeps appearing saying something on the lines of “can’t reach this site,” and when I check details to see if the problem is my internet it says that there is a temporary problem or something.

I have also checked my internet and it’s done so it’s not the connection because I can easily get on blog sites and such, but when I click download it doesn’t work? 

If anyone can help me please do or please link me another thread that can help me if there is one.

just a quick note I’ve been seeing people with a problem where it says “error 404” but this is not that just to clarify.

Message 1 of 3 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
What sites do you use when you download CC?
Message 2 of 3 (637 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Hello @caitlindavies130 ,

This can happen if the DNS failed to translate the address of that page. (DNS server should be able to convert a domain name to an IP and vice-versa). 

Try restarting the DNS client: 

🢒 Press Windows Key + R then typeservices.msc” and hit enter to open Services window.

🢒 Scroll down till you find “DNS Client” (Press D to easily find it).

🢒 Right-click on DNS Client and select Restart.

🢒 Now that the DNS client will restart, check to see whether you encounter the same problem again :3 

Also, besides the website you are trying to access, please let us know what browser you're using so we can offer you more option based on that xD. 

Looking forward to hearing from you ^_^! Cat

Message 3 of 3 (633 Views)