Re: Can’t see Sim in Create A Sim

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t see Sim in Create A Sim

★★ Novice

I’ve just downloaded Sims 4 Seasons, Get Famous and Island Living and when I load CAS, I can’t see the Sim. It’s almost as if the sim is off screen to the left but out of my field of vision on my laptop. All of the surrounding buttons (gender, traits, add a sim, rotate etc) are visible and working. I’ve never had this issue before, it has only occurred now that I have downloaded these new expansion packs. 
I deleted the Sims 4 file from the Electronic Arts folder in Documents to reset, but this hasn’t fixed the issue. I’ve also removed custom content, but again, no difference made. 

Message 1 of 24 (18,751 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@anjalimerchant Have you tried repairing your game yet as suggested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 24 (17,692 Views)

All Replies

@natalie_here  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.  (Let me know if you happen to be on a Mac; there's a separate section for macOS issues.)

Please try repairing your game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 24 (18,728 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem happens to me and I tried doing what you said but the repair option is grayed out. Any idea why? Thanks. 

Message 3 of 24 (18,649 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mrswalrusss Is your computer a pc or mac? Could you post a picture of the issue?

Message 4 of 24 (18,647 Views)

Hero
@mrswalrusss YOu need to close the game first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (18,634 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine is doing the same. I have repaired and like OP, I see the info to do my traits and such, but cannot see the actual Sim

Message 6 of 24 (17,911 Views)

Hero
@seteva Try if any of the suggestions on the first page here help you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (17,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict This worked!!1
Message 8 of 24 (17,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having this same problem how do I fix this

Message 9 of 24 (17,744 Views)

Hero
@anjalimerchant Have you tried repairing your game yet as suggested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (17,693 Views)