Re: Can't scroll with trackpad

by Jessycaz

Original Post

Can't scroll with trackpad

★★ Guide

I just got a PC, downloaded the Sims 4 and launched a new game. In CAS, two finger scrolling will allow me to zoom in and out on my Sim, but won't let me scroll down the list of clothes/accessories/etc. Please help!

Message 1 of 17 (4,029 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Look in your documentation on what you need to do to scroll. On some trackpads it is a single finger down the right side of the trackpad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 17 (4,005 Views)

★★ Guide

My only option for scrolling with my trackpad is by using two fingers

Message 3 of 17 (3,983 Views)

★★ Guide

Update: if I move two fingers on the trackpad quickly, it will scroll like 5 or more lines, but I can’t scroll slowly to move just one line down the list (this applies to CAS clothes, Build/Buy stuff, the traits/celeb level panel for my sims, the gallery, pretty much any list)

Also I want to reiterate that two finger scrolling works perfectly when I need to zoom in/out of my sim or my house.

Message 4 of 17 (3,981 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I recommend that you get a mouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 17 (3,972 Views)

★★ Guide

While a mouse would solve the issue, I don’t play sims at a table. I play on the couch or in bed, with my laptop on my lap. Using a mouse here isn’t ideal since I don’t really have a place to put it. Do you know of any way to edit the controls of the game?

Message 6 of 17 (3,960 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem its so annoying! it works fine on everything else just not sims

Message 7 of 17 (3,754 Views)

★ Novice

I am too. I can zoom in and out on my trackpad, but i cannot two finger swipe. EA did not really help me other than referring me to this column.. 

Message 8 of 17 (3,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having exactly the same problem after switcing from Mac to a pc...

Message 9 of 17 (3,599 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@tanjabloch I'm also having this problem. Just got a new computer. Two finger swipe zooms in and out during gameplay but doesn't scroll through CAS, the gallery, or even the screen where you pick a save to load when starting up the game. Did anyone figure out a solution?
Message 10 of 17 (3,412 Views)