Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system

★★ Novice

Product: Origin
Platform:PC
Where are you experiencing this issue? Origin Client - PC
Type in your Origin Error Report ID:
In which country are you located? Norway
Which language do you have selected in Origin? English
Which error message did you encounter? Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:80010000:00000000]
Summarize your bug Whenever I try to open my Sims 4 game it won't let me. It always says: "Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:80010000:00000000]". I really don't know what to do.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not very sure. It suddenly just pops up.
What happens when the bug occurs? It just shuts down the Sims 4.
What do you expect to see? To fix this problem...

MY ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE SO SORRY FOR MY GRAMMAR

I recently just updated my pc because it said that there was a new Windows 10 update. So I decided to update my pc and after that I felt like playing Sims 4. Suddenly it pops up this message when I clicked on the game. It says:"Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:80010000:00000000]".

This has never happened to me before so I was very confused. I googled about the problem and even went on youtube to find a solution to fix this. I was suprised to find people actually getting the same problem as me, but it looked like most of them actually fixed the problem... But sadly everything I've tried has not worked. I tried to go to Nvidia Control Panel, that didn't work... I have tried to uninstall Sims and download CCleaner, but that didn't work either. I EVEN checked if I had the latest driver (INTEL & NVIDIA), and yes, I do have the LATEST.  I even asked EA Help THREE TIMES to help me but nothing worked. They said that I should just report about this problem here, so that is what I'm doing now. Just some weeks ago I could play the game just fine. (I even ran a check to see if I have the minimum specifications, and yes I do.)

By the way, I have attached my Dxdiag.

And yes, it says that I haven't updated my driver since 6/7/2017 or something, but that's WRONG. My Nvidia is in the version: 390.65.  And I have removed all my mods and CC.

I really hope someone can help me with this problem.... Frown(

Message 1 of 5 (1,085 Views)

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system

Community Manager

@SleepyNini

Your machine may be defaulting to your Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
  6. Select TS4.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice
I have already tried that, and it doesn't work sadly.
Message 3 of 5 (1,026 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everyone.
I just found out that the reason why I can't run the sims 4 game, is clearly because of the new latest windows update. I hope this problem will be fixed in the future so that not only me, but other can keep playing this game! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Guide

You may want to try disabling the Intel HD graphics in device manager before launching the game. (I'm Danish, but I've always used and supported computers in English, so have no idea what it's called in any of our languages, sorry). Generally when games complain about the GPU on Intel systems, it's because they try to use the GPU built into the CPU (the Intel HD), because it has higher priority. If you disable the Intel GPU, everything will be running off the Geforce GPU, including the desktop. But it will force Sims and other games to use the correct GPU.

Message 5 of 5 (1,004 Views)