Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

Hero

Glad that worked. Enjoy the game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 38 (3,230 Views)

★★★ Novice
The same thing happened to me and I just couldn't figure out how to solve the problem... I went to my game settings and made it 32-bit instead of 64-bit, and voila! It started working! Not sure if you've already tried this but you should, it might work.
Message 32 of 38 (2,840 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi.

It is recommended that you try other solutions before this.

Is your Video card old or second hand?

If it is either, you may want to get a new one.

DO NOT

If you do this straight away you may waste your money. This is the last option Standard smile

Message 33 of 38 (2,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@FurryMittens Thank you so so much!!! I had been looking for a solution for hours and yours worked, finally!!!

Message 34 of 38 (2,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I've tried everything that website says but I still have the problem, my driver in updated and my system is way more higher than the minimum the game requires and I was playing the game for months, I haven't updated anything and I didn't change anything on my pc but one day the game didn't work anymore, is that any other ways to fix the problem?????

Message 35 of 38 (2,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me the compatibility mode setting change allows the game to run, but it only allows it to run in 32 bit mode. I have submitted a bug report on this issue, since it ran fine without any such need until recently. 

Message 36 of 38 (2,412 Views)

★ Novice

Did you ever end up fixing this issue? Im having this problem now on my MacBook Air, so frustrating considering how much money I've spent on this game and its expansion packs and stuff packs. Received little help from EA when I tried. Frown

Message 37 of 38 (2,290 Views)

Hero
As we have about 1 Mio threads on this topic and the user that created this thread found a solution for them. I'm going to lock this.

If you have further issues with this, please try all the suggestions in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/7600587 and post there if it doesn't solve your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 38 (1,927 Views)