Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

★★★ Newbie

I also tried all the advice found above and elsewhere on the net to no avail.  I eventually fixed the issue by checking "Disable full-screen optimisations" in the Compatibility properties tab in Explorer.  The file to change is TS4_x64.exe (or TS4.exe for 32-bit Windows, presumably...) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.  Screenshot attached.

Message 21 of 38 (5,085 Views)

Hero

Hi @FurryMittens

thanks for that info. That's interesting and would explain why some people have luck running the game in windowed mode but not in full screen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 38 (5,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is odd is that this problem just developed overnight.  I've had The Sims 4 running happily for months until it suddenly stopped working a couple of weeks ago (my kids tell me).  Presumably a software update from EA or MS or Nvidia broke it.

Message 23 of 38 (5,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, my Sims 4 worked just fine for a whole year but suddenly a few months ago it just kept giving me that same error and I haven't been able to fix it, no matter what I try. This is really frustrating. 

Message 24 of 38 (4,897 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Shadow5Emi

Please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Updates in the game might cause this if your under system requirements. If you're not, a change in the computer might cause this. If I can look at your specs I might be able to tell you something about it Standard smile

Message 25 of 38 (4,891 Views)

★ Novice
I tried doing this but I couldn't find "Disable full-screen optimisations." I tried every single suggestion but nothing is working for me. I've been trying to play for 4 hours already but nothing works! I'm deeply saddened, but do you guys have any other suggestions?
Message 26 of 38 (4,795 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@castor_polluxx2

You might have another version of windows, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 27 of 38 (4,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry to necro an old post, but I'm having this exact problem.  It started after Origin's most recent update and I've been unable to run the Sims 4 since.  I'm quite certain that my computer meets all system requirements and I've updated my AMD drivers.  I've also tried disabling the full-screen optimizations and have run a repair on the game.  Won't seem to run in either full-screen mode or windowed mode.

Attached my dxdiag here.  Please help!

Message 28 of 38 (4,483 Views)

Hero

Here's a few more suggestions (in case you haven't already tried those) 

please try the following things

1. Turn off Origin In Game
  2. Uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers
  3. Rollback to earlier graphics drivers
  4. Right click on the game in Origin and press repair game

Test after each step

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 38 (4,475 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Looks like I had to uninstall and reinstall my drivers.  Thank you so much!

Message 30 of 38 (4,458 Views)