Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

by ClaryFey

Original Post

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:

★ Novice

Just having this issue on my computer as well. Updated to latest drivers and my computer is this one here

it's basically new out of box besides playing HoTS and PUBG just fine.

Message 11 of 38 (6,955 Views)

Hero

Hi @ClaryFey

did you update your drivers ? New computers often need a lot of updates until they are on the latest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (6,939 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, that's the first thing I did. My issue was fixed as soon as I got a test version of Origin and was able to boot it in windowed mode (previously wouldn't let me for some reason) but it's my monitor's age, that's all.

Message 13 of 38 (6,922 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue I've attached my DxDiag info too. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. Repairing my game, Updating my game and my drivers are up to date. So I really don't know what to do

Message 14 of 38 (6,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@CLKGrid

You seem to have a dual graphics system. Your Intel drivers are more than 1,5 years old, and you Nvidia ones are 8 months. Make sure to update both, but your game should work so much better on the Nvidia card, so make sure that your computer uses that one Standard smile

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 15 of 38 (6,900 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki I tried to update the NVIDIA drivers by going to my control panel and they told me they were up to date. Also when I right click on my desktop to pull up the NVIDIA control panel itself I get an error. I'll show you in the screenie I attached. I also have no idea how to make the Sims use the NVIDIA card over the Intel one. As I said I was just playing this yesterday and I've made no system changes since then. So I don't know how this happened.

Message 16 of 38 (6,895 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hm.
You have a laptop or? so you can't plug your display in another port?
Try reinstalling your Nvidia drivers Standard smile
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-nvidia-display-settings-are-not-available-step-by-step/

Message 17 of 38 (6,882 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki I have a laptop. I went to NVIDIA's website and I downloaded NVIDIA's GeForce Experience. Says I'm running version 382.05 but I think I found ver 388.59 via a manual search on their website so I'm downloading that. The GeForce Experience app imported the Sims game there where it gave me the option to try and open it through that but I still got the same graphics card error. 

Message 18 of 38 (6,876 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hm okay. Well, I would still try reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, if you still have the problem opening the Nvidia control panel it seems like a problem with your computer you would like to fix first. I don't have any other idea though, so if that doesn't fix the problem someone else that might have another idea is bound to check the forum later Standard smile

Message 19 of 38 (6,871 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem but I've tried all the things listed and still the sims 4 won't run. I'm pretty sure my pc meets requirements but her they are just to make sure.

Message 20 of 38 (6,717 Views)