Re: Can't run Sims 3 on Windows 11 or install sims3packs from launcher

by ajbeals

Original Post

Re: Can't run Sims 3 on Windows 11 or install sims3packs from launcher

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks I'll give these suggestions a try.

Message 581 of 1,380 (330 Views)

Re: EA App Won't Launch Sims 3

★ Novice

Thank you so much! it works now, im so happy

Message 582 of 1,380 (409 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

★★★ Newbie

not sure what is going  on here. just got a new desktop and got sims 3 through steam. will not work

Message 583 of 1,380 (657 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher not working

@truckerlecomte1  You're in the right thread for your issue; the dxdiag confirms both that you have an affected processor and that you're getting the associated error.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for more information.

And keep in mind that you'll need to apply the workaround of your choice to TS3W.exe, with the W, since you have a Steam install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 584 of 1,380 (648 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch on ea app in Windows 11

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also not able to launch Sims 3. I've tried all of the above suggested solutions with Directx and Windows Framework, and my game will still not launch. I think it might be related to Windows 11. I attached my dxdiag. Thanks!

Message 585 of 1,380 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dj6dpakaezxa  Your issue is actually related to your computer's processor: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on most 12th-gen Intel CPUs.  I've therefore moved your post to the master thread for this particular problem.  The workaround is to limit the game to one core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for more information.

And keep in mind that you'll need to apply the workaround of your choice to TS3W.exe, with the W.

Message 586 of 1,380 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I used the solution described on the first page of this thread with LazyDuchess' Alder Lake Patcher, and the game launches now! Thanks very much for your help!

Message 587 of 1,380 (578 Views)

Sims 3 Launcher Crashes When I Hit Play

★ Novice

I'm on Windows 11, bought the game through Origin. Every time I fire up the launcher and press the play button, it crashes and pulls up the Origin window. I've tried troubleshooting, both through the Origin app and through my computer, I've tried erasing the Sims 3 files in the EA file, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This has been the case since I bought this computer in September - it's a brand new Predator Helios 300. No mods, only 2 packs (Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). I've never been able to get further than pressing that play button - the actual game itself is never able to load.

DxDiag added below. I'd appreciate any help with this - I've been through a ton of forums and articles about this and I'm stumped.

Message 588 of 1,380 (574 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Crashes When I Hit Play

@Dramatic456  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on most 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

You'll need to apply the workaround of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W, since you're playing through Origin.

Message 589 of 1,380 (556 Views)

Re: sims 3 doesn't start

★★★ Newbie

So, I followed your directions. But once I ran the script with PowerShell. The window opened and closed immediately. What did I miss?

Message 590 of 1,380 (531 Views)