Can't resize objects anymore - PC

by RenegadeKittyOG

Original Post

Can't resize objects anymore - PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I installed some older packs via Origin yesterday, and now I can't resize Fridges or Counters. I was able to do so yesterday before installing. The only fridge that will resize is the Discover University fridge.

I have:

- restarted my game

- restarted my computer

- repaired my entire game

- deleted Sims 4 folder in My Documents to generate a completely fresh game with no mods

- tried restoring my old Sims 4 folder before the game installs

- visiting another lot and coming back

Nothing I do works.

I have a saved room I downloaded with a resized fridge and that still appears resized to a smaller size when I place the room, but I cannot resize fridges or counters myself. Nor can I resize the smaller-sized fridge from the downloaded room. When I press the bracket key, it just drops the item. On a fresh fridge, counter, oven, or cabinet, the footprint underneath the item changes in size, but the item itself remains the same size. Inside or outside a room. No error code is generated.  I can resize toilets, sinks, and other things, but not fridges or counters anymore, which I find to be important for my house layout, and I could do it before so I don't understand why I can't do this anymore. Game is updated to the latest 1.60 patch, too, everything was automatic through Origin.

Edit: I cannot resize upper cabinets, or ovens, either. So it's fridges, counters, ovens and cabinets. I was able to resize them just fine yesterday...

Update: after building in the game for about 30 minutes, magically I regained the ability to resize fridges, cabinets and stoves. I did nothing new or different, I was just in build mode for about 30 min building the house.  However, I still can't resize counters. I can resize island counters, but not actual counters.

Message 1 of 7 (5,341 Views)

Re: Can't resize objects anymore - PC

★★ Novice

I think it is the patch update. I am having the same problem but it didn't used to be like that. I am guessing one of the latest patches 'fixed' the issue... which is a bummer.

Message 2 of 7 (4,674 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Trixims- I was having the problem about not being able to resize my counters before this update.
Message 3 of 7 (4,234 Views)

★ Pro

As of Jan. 2022 the resize issue still remain. Resize island counter still works, but not the regular counters.

Message 4 of 7 (3,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As of August 2022, STILL a problem. Again, islands are fine, but counters cannot be resized.

Message 5 of 7 (2,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So how do I resize stuff like in general? I’ve tried the whole shift + ] [ thing and nothing works. HELP

Message 6 of 7 (1,378 Views)

Hero
@Foxxie411 What keyboard layout are you using ? It differs depending on the layout (language)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,351 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help