Re: Can't register my packs on thesims3.com

by Eehna

Original Post

Can't register my packs on thesims3.com

★★★★ Novice

Hi.
Since middle of the summer, I can't register my expansions and stuff packs on thesims3.com.

I get a message that my serial code is invalid. But it's not - I could install them and add them to origin with no problem.

But I can't register them on the community, to get my bonus-material. And they don't show up on my profile.

I have posted a help-thread in the swedish forum, and I have contacted EA.

No one answers me in the forum, and EA just tells me to ask in the forum, no one helps me.

What's up with this? As long as we pay and play, you don't care? The site offers something, but I can't use it, and that doesn't matter?

I would be really happy if someone could get back to me. And if someone could fix the registration error. Or at least offer to register my codes manually for me.

Thanks in advance.
Josefin

Message 1 of 6 (245 Views)

Hero

See if this helps you

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

try and read this again:

"Since middle of the summer, I can't register my expansions and stuff packs on thesims3.com.

I get a message that my serial code is invalid. But it's not - I could install them and add them to origin with no problem.

But I can't register them on the community, to get my bonus-material. And they don't show up on my profile."

Message 3 of 6 (232 Views)

Hero
  • Did you check if your accounts are properly connected (as suggested in the link I gave you) ?
  • Did you actually try to redeem the codes for the limited edition content anyways (as suggested in the link I gave you) ?
  • If your accounts are connected, there's no need to redeem the codes at both places and just because the icons aren't lit up, it doesn't mean your game isn't already registered.
  • If all fails ONLY CUSTOMER SUPPORT CAN HELP YOU. Seems you got a bad advisor sending you back to the forums for this. Invalid serial codes is not something a user can help you with (oh, and that's in the thread I linked as well)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i think you misunderstand.

i'm talking about bonus-material for registration, not limited-edition content.

the registration on thesims3.com is not working.
installing on my computer and adding the games to origin is NOT a problem.

yeah i know, EA support is useless.
so who do i have to get in touch with so they they fix the registration problem om thesims3.com?
because apparently, EA doesnt 'know who work there.
i have posted both in the forum of that site (in my own language) and i have noted EA support service. no one answers me on the forum, and EA has been sending me around for the whole summer.
this place is just my last alternative before i do something serious about it.

Message 5 of 6 (221 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Origin and thesims3.com are connected now so if you registered at Origin and if your accounts are connected, it should auto register on thesims3.com.

Are your accounts connected (check in your Origin settings) ?

Were you able to redeem the limited edition stuff (which would be a sign that your games are registered) ? Are you getting an error while trying to download the registration bonus ? The icons are a whole other issue and most of the time just a display issue so does it tell you, the EPs are not registered when you try to download the registration bonus ?

Did you try US live chat ? I really can't help you getting the game registered since I don't work for EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (218 Views)