Can't redeem code for purchased world (Error 502 Bad Gateway)

by Theta-3119

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't redeem code for purchased world (Error 502 Bad Gateway)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I purchased the Dragon Valley world on Origin today. I did this in hopes of avoiding having to use the Sims Store as whenever I tried to log in to make the transaction I was presented with a mostly blank page with only "502 Bad Gateway" written on it. My plan failed, because I was told I would have to redeem my code on the store page.

If someone could help out here, that would be great.

Message 1 of 18 (2,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't redeem code for purchased world (Error 502 Bad Gateway)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @Theta-3119 @SirForteske ,

Thank you for your reports! We made some changes that should help with this issue - please, clear your browser cache and give it another try! Standard smile

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 14 of 18 (2,867 Views)

All Replies

@Theta-3119  You actually took a shortcut, as the store doesn't itself handle purchases anymore.  The Buy buttons only redirect to Origin anyway.

For the store issues, try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  Firefox used to be very reliable for me, but lately I occasionally have to switch to Chrome to buy from the store.  (Firefox is still better overall though.)  If you're running Windows, please make sure to clear Internet Explorer's cache as well.  Even if you never use IE, the store does for some purposes.  When clearing caches, be sure to uncheck the boxes to preserve data for favorite sites.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 18 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did all of that but I'm still getting error 502. It's also a website related error and I don't think I can do much about it, myself.
Message 3 of 18 (1,991 Views)

@Theta-3119  Is it possible that you have an antivirus/firewall blocking the store from loading properly?  You can try disabling it temporarily, just long enough to test.  The store itself is up and running—I just clicked around myself, and I could load all the world pages I tried, as well as the page to register codes.  So it may be something with your system, your account, or your connection.

It would also be helpful to know whether you can login to the official Sims forums.  That site uses the same login as the store, as of the recent store maintenance last week.  If you can't get into the official forums, the problem is likely the login function.  If you can, then there's something about the store itself that's conflicting.  Also, if you're logged into the official forums in your current browser, you'll automatically be logged into the store when you visit, so that may be a viable workaround.

If none of this helps, please list your OS and the browsers you've tried.  I can ask an EA community manager to look into this, but it will need to wait until tomorrow.

Message 4 of 18 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've tried to log into the official forums and that also gave me error 502. I think it's the login function as it only happens when I have to do that. I tried with Chrome and Firefox and my OS is Windows 10. I also tried while my AV/Firewall were briefly disabled, sadly that also yielded no different results.
Message 5 of 18 (1,981 Views)

@Theta-3119  Okay, thanks for the info.

Is this account (the one you're using to post) the same as the account you have on the store site and the official forums?  I think the login is supposed to cross over from AHQ to the officials, and vice versa, as well.  At least, Firefox always seems to remember for me.  It might help to clear your browser caches again, then quit and retry.

And is it possible that your browser settings are blocking the site, or some of its features?  I know most EA sites use cookies and collect all kinds of data.  Firefox has options to block some tracking behavior, as most browsers do.  So you may need to play with the settings.  Or you could download a different browser, like Opera, just for testing, and keep the default privacy settings.

Message 6 of 18 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, this is the same account. I've tried several browsers and fiddled with the options, but still to no avail :I
Message 7 of 18 (1,969 Views)

Community Manager

@Theta-3119 

Usually 502 errors are short lived so power cycle your router just because that cannot hurt and may help and then retry.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 18 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Novice
I turned it off and on again, but I'm still getting error 502.
Message 9 of 18 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Novice
If there's any way to just redeem this code without me having to log in, I'd take that option so that I can play what I spent my money on and be grateful.
Message 10 of 18 (1,920 Views)