Re: Can't "travel with"... no dialogue boxes

by kiara_jarvis

Original Post

Can't "travel with"... no dialogue boxes

★★★ Newbie

Any action that requires me to pull up a secondary menu will not happen. My sims' cooking abilities are limited to text options (e.g. serve breakfast/lunch/dinner) and they cannot travel with, invite, or hire anyone for any reason. The select sim menus simply do not happen. Each time I attempt one of these actions, the menu doesn't pull up and the action does not appear in my sim's queue.

I have previously done a factory reset and the game still won't work. How do I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (305 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (289 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just deleted the cache and it didn't seem to help. Any other ideas?
Message 3 of 6 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kiara_jarvis
Save this game option "save as"
Start new game without mods and check if in the new game is similar problem. There is an option that this save is bugged - it could happen if you previously had mods in the game
I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I did both of these and the problem still persisted, even with another household. Anything else?

Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)