Re: Can't put toddler down in Sims 4

by littlemissygirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't put toddler down in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
I just updated my game to get the toddlers. I don't have any mods. My female is carrying around her toddler, and she won't put her down. No matter where you tell her to go, as soon as you click for her to put the toddler down, the bubble pops up as if something is blocking her and there is nothing around her. She can go anywhere with her, but can't put her down anywhere. And if you click on the toddler and then click on an object, she does the same thing, the Bubble as if something is blocking her. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Message 1 of 11 (35,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same issue. What I did was reset my toddler using the ResetSim command. To do this press Shift, Ctrl and C at the same time to bring up the text box and type ResetSim (your Sims name). You have to use the full name so, for example, if my sims name was David Duh it would look like ResetSim David Duh. This method worked for me so Hopefully it will work for other people.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (46,328 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same issue. What I did was reset my toddler using the ResetSim command. To do this press Shift, Ctrl and C at the same time to bring up the text box and type ResetSim (your Sims name). You have to use the full name so, for example, if my sims name was David Duh it would look like ResetSim David Duh. This method worked for me so Hopefully it will work for other people.

Message 2 of 11 (46,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks it worked!
Message 3 of 11 (33,634 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, but it says 'sim not found'. I retyped the same command. Any Ideas?

Message 4 of 11 (29,926 Views)

Hero

Try using testing cheats, then shift click on the toddler/the sim and choose reset object

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (29,913 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much it helped alot 

Message 6 of 11 (27,766 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i had the same proplem and found it sooo anying

Message 7 of 11 (27,316 Views)

★ Guide

And it's still happening.  My  solution has been to go into build/buy and move something into the same space as the adult, which forces them apart. Unfortunately, the toddler  always ends up outside. For some reason the glitch also seems most likely to occur with  tired toddlers with the clingy or fussy traits.  

Message 8 of 11 (23,980 Views)

Hero
You can try if travelling to another lot helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (23,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just left the game and came back

Message 10 of 11 (11,202 Views)