Re: Can't play with dog

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't play with dog

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Last update 12/12/19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? My first pet, rode to fame, vampire, and pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a dog and adopt stray dog/cat
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to play with a dog it doesn't recognize the action, just like the bug of dark meditation, won't allow me to play with them, this actually start at the same time that that other bug, but assume it was part of the same issue, but it is not... Then with the adoption part, it simply will not happen, the option is there but the animal never becomes yours...
What do you expect to see? The sim and dog playing. Being able to adopt stray animals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope next up date doesn't create more bugs, I know hard, but whenever you fix something there is a new glitch. Frown

Message 1 of 5 (1,768 Views)

★ Guide
@MaPaulaSG Just wondering really quickly, in the expansions you have listed, "Road to Fame" is present. Do you mean Get Famous or Road to Fame? I'm asking this because there is a relatively well-known mod titled Road to Fame that works similarly to Get Famous, and mods can create some really weird bugs when updates happen.
Message 2 of 5 (1,748 Views)

Hero
@MaPaulaSG You're reporting two issues here, right ?

For the play with dog: Is your dog a couch potato ? If so, there's a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CD-Sim-can-t-play-with-a-dog-with-couch-potato/t...

For the adoption: On which lot are you trying to adopt the stray ? There's an issue with them no longer being labeled as strays and that causes issues with adoption on your home lot: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-Stray-pets-are-not-labled-as-strays-when-invited-to... .. can you try if it works on another lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,731 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MaPaulaSG Tagging to see my questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,704 Views)

Hero
@MaPaulaSG Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,686 Views)