Can't play the sims 4 even with legacy edition.

by jackpone112243

Original Post

Can't play the sims 4 even with legacy edition.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello

I having a problem with the sims 4

I can't play the sims 4 even with legacy edition

it keeps crashing when I started the game

after I run the game I waited for 5 seconds and then it crashed without any message.

is it because my PC is not supported?

My PC is 32 bit and it supposes to be able to works with legacy edition?

sorry for my bad English.

I will be so glad if somebody can or could help me with this. Standard smile

This is my DxDiag.txt file.

Message 1 of 4 (445 Views)

Re: Can't play the sims 4 even with legacy edition.

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me. I will play for about 5 minutes and then it will freeze which will result in it crashing. I even deleted it off of my computer and re-downloaded and this is still happening. Really sad, I brought some new packs and can't even enjoy them. 

Message 2 of 4 (409 Views)

@jackpone112243  Your computer is below the minimum requirement for Sims 4, even the Legacy Edition, in a couple different ways.  In particular, the graphics chip is significantly slower than the minimum, and you have only half the memory required.  I wouldn't be surprised if a computer like this couldn't launch the game at all even if it was in perfect order.  I don't mean to sound harsh; I just don't want to get your hopes up.

One thing that might help is to try to play immediately after a restart, with Origin in offline mode and nothing else running in the background, not even a browser.  This will free up as much memory as possible for the game itself.

If you want me to look for possible issues that can be fixed, check the Reliability Monitor for related entries.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any recent errors that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that happened at the same time as you tried to open the game, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a text document.  (Notepad is fine.)  You can attach the file to a post as you did with your dxdiag.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (394 Views)

@sfred73  Could this be your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

It happens because of Winterfest, so it would only apply if your sims were celebrating or had recently celebrated the holiday.  If this is your issue, let me know, and you can try the various suggestions here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/game-time-is-freezing-patch-1-68/

Otherwise, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you happen to run Windows 7, please also provide the Reliability Monitor information as described above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)