Can't play from Origin

by Ainhochu

Original Post

Can't play from Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bought a pysical copy a couple of days ago and I'm having problems with Origin, it acts like it's open already and can't play. (The game cover is greish and the play button is also greyish and can't click on it). I've tried to unistall and reinstall Origin but the bug stills there.

Also instead of the Repair Install option I have a Check updates option.

The only way I can play is inserting the disk 1, then pops the first install window and when I click acept then I can play. (And this option doesn't work always)

Any way to solve the Origin problem?

Message 1 of 4 (184 Views)

Re: Can't play from Origin

Community Manager (retired)
What happens if you try clicking on the desktop icon, or through the Start menu?

Is your game updated, by the way? Exit Origin completely and restart it to prompt the update.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 4 (163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Neither the desktop icon or the start menu work, and it's like I can't dowload the update, I click the update option, also have the automatic update option check, but it doesn't seems to work, but the game is updated. 

Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@Ainhochu

Just to clarify, Origin acts like the game is already open? If so, check in the task manager (ctrl+shift+escape) that there is no Sims 4 process already present.

Otherwise I'd suggest reinstalling Origin manually, a process that differs somewhat from a simple uninstall/reinstall:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)