Re: Can't play Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hi Simmers!

(original post was market as spam for some reason, I apologise if I somehow duplicate here. Just trying to get help for issue Embarrassed

I'm having a very frustrating and sudden problem that I suspect has been triggered either by the latest patch or perhaps my purchase and install of the Get to Work DLC this weekend.

Specs:

Geforce GTX 470 driver vers 391.35

12g RAM

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor

(This rig is not inside recommend specs, but does meet the minimum specs according to the detection I ran)

Have had no prior issues with the game and don't run mods or CC.

I only had "Get Together" and the Holiday content pack installed up to this point and the game has run absolutely fine since I bought it, zero complaints.

Upon purchasing "Get To Work" and installing it, I enjoyed the new content for the span of one evening. Then went to bed and upon trying to play again, started having a massive variety of bugs start occurring.

Haven't been able to play a game of Sims 4 since. I seem to be stuck in a loop of continual repair game attempts that always finds about 10gig of something to re download as though it's finding issues, but it never actually fixes anything. I've tried a complete reinstall, a return to factory settings and run the list of recommended fixes I've found so far on the [read first] posts.

-I've had the game boot up fine, but then seem to run weird and slow (can't select things, then I suddenly can etc)

-I've had it boot up and not display certain items of clothing (As in they are invisible, legs and all when selected)

-Had an instance where I tried to load into a household instead and got stuck on the loading screen forever.

-Multiple instances of game music crashing

-Multiple instances of full game lock-up

Currently stuck with current installation not being able to boot the game at all, Origin is running and you can see The Sims 4 .exe running in the task manager, but no game boots. (Have made exceptions in the firewall for both executables)

king regards, all help/advice appreciated  

Message 1 of 4 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delayed response. It took a while for me to be able to download correctly for some reason.

I don't know why, but it seems to be fine now.

The only thing I did different on the last reinstall was to deselect all DLC initially. As soon as Sims 4 base game was completed I ran the game, it successfully booted and all features seemed to be working. The game auto detected my additional content and queued them in origin automatically. Once they were done I tested again and it's still a thumbs up on all fronts so far.

This has to be the weirdest non specific issue I've ever had, but I'm glad it seems to be ok now, even though i don't know how I fixed it.

Thankyou for your reply and further diagnostic help initially Crin.

This one seems to be solved! 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (328 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @L50BargainHunter 

thank you for your detailed report on what you've already tried. Helps a lot.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

This may show something on what's going on.

Do you have issues with any other Origin games or any other games at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (373 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delayed response. It took a while for me to be able to download correctly for some reason.

I don't know why, but it seems to be fine now.

The only thing I did different on the last reinstall was to deselect all DLC initially. As soon as Sims 4 base game was completed I ran the game, it successfully booted and all features seemed to be working. The game auto detected my additional content and queued them in origin automatically. Once they were done I tested again and it's still a thumbs up on all fronts so far.

This has to be the weirdest non specific issue I've ever had, but I'm glad it seems to be ok now, even though i don't know how I fixed it.

Thankyou for your reply and further diagnostic help initially Crin.

This one seems to be solved! 

Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)

Hero
That is good to hear.

Enjoy the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)