Can't play Sims 4. All households will not load

by Yazijazi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play Sims 4. All households will not load

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

For the past 2 says I have been unable to play Sims 4.

When pressing the play button on the household it won't load and will take me back to the map. I have tried on all housholds and build modes. I have also tried on starting a new sim.

What should I do to rectify this problem?

I have only recently purchased this game a week ago.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (157,557 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play Sims 4. All households will not load

★★★★★ Guide

This seems to be a known issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595

Try going into your Documents folder, and then open up Electronic Arts. Move The Sims 4 folder located here to your desktop (it has all of your save progress). Try playing with a new game to see if the issue still persists. This is a temporary fix that has worked for a lot of other players,and will allow you to play The Sims 4 again, but not with the Sims and families you've already created,

Some players have also had some luck restoring their old saves with the following process, but it's kind of tedious:

1. Navigate to Documents > Electronic Arts
2. Click and drag The Sims 4 to your desktop
3. Start a new Sims 4 game briefly, then save and quit the game
4. Navigate back to Documents > Electronic Arts
5. Delete the new The Sims 4 folder located there and empty your Recycle Bin
6. Navigate to your desktop and make a copy of The Sims 4 folder located there (this is an extra back-up)
7. Move The Sims 4 back into Documents > Electronic Arts
8. Open The Sims 4 folder and then open 'saves'
9. Inside of saves, delete Slot_00000001.save
10. Rename Slot_00000001.save.ver0 to Slot_00000001.save
11. Launch The Sims 4 game again

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (189,159 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

This seems to be a known issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595

Try going into your Documents folder, and then open up Electronic Arts. Move The Sims 4 folder located here to your desktop (it has all of your save progress). Try playing with a new game to see if the issue still persists. This is a temporary fix that has worked for a lot of other players,and will allow you to play The Sims 4 again, but not with the Sims and families you've already created,

Some players have also had some luck restoring their old saves with the following process, but it's kind of tedious:

1. Navigate to Documents > Electronic Arts
2. Click and drag The Sims 4 to your desktop
3. Start a new Sims 4 game briefly, then save and quit the game
4. Navigate back to Documents > Electronic Arts
5. Delete the new The Sims 4 folder located there and empty your Recycle Bin
6. Navigate to your desktop and make a copy of The Sims 4 folder located there (this is an extra back-up)
7. Move The Sims 4 back into Documents > Electronic Arts
8. Open The Sims 4 folder and then open 'saves'
9. Inside of saves, delete Slot_00000001.save
10. Rename Slot_00000001.save.ver0 to Slot_00000001.save
11. Launch The Sims 4 game again

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7 (189,160 Views)

★★ Novice
I find restarting the game works for me. But who knows when households won't load altogether. I also discovered I can't even build houses. I would click on the 'build' icon on the lots and it brings me back to the map. It is getting frustrating and I don't have the patience to troubleshoot the game in order to play it. $70 and it is worth nothing.
Message 3 of 7 (157,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game was fine and dandy when I was playing yesterday, then I tried traveling back to my home lot and started getting this map bug. Now none of my huseholds will load on any of my save files. 

I tried that "tedious" method of hopefully restoring my files but it didn't work for me. 

Message 4 of 7 (157,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For the past two pays the game will load and i can move created sims from the library to a lot but no lots will open.   I am running windows 7.  In the EA folder of My Documents Sims 4 is not there.  

Message 5 of 7 (157,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm havIng the same issue as well. I tried the save game fix but it's still not working. I also tried to repair the game with no success
Message 6 of 7 (157,002 Views)

Hero

Locking this thread. Please everyone post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (156,906 Views)