Re: Can't place roof/ceiling disappears

by UnderlandDgtl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't place roof/ceiling disappears

★★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone!

I was building a house in TS4 and was able to place roofs with no issues. But when I moved a portion of the house (a room) and placed it far from the main build it won't let me place a roof. It will stay on the floor even though there's a grid.

I tried adding a premade room from the gallery or just building a basic square but neither worked.

When I zoom in close the ceiling actually disappears and I have also tried:

- "remove ceiling" and "build ceiling" again

- save room to gallery and place it again

- save lot, bulldoze and place again

- flatten lot.

In summary... any room placed on the lot not attached to main house will not allow roofing and the ceiling disappears.

Any help will be really appreciated! Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (11,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice
Hi! Yesterday when I came back home and played the game I was able to add the roof to the room I wanted Standard smile I don't know if it will glitch out again (hopefully not) but for now I'm happy. Thanks for answering!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (11,652 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@UnderlandDgtl
Are you sure that when you want to cover this room with the roof you are exactly on the level of this ceiling? If you will be at a higher level than the ceiling - this roof can't be placed

Give me a link to this house in the Gallery or name of this house and your nick on Origin.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (11,665 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hi! Yesterday when I came back home and played the game I was able to add the roof to the room I wanted Standard smile I don't know if it will glitch out again (hopefully not) but for now I'm happy. Thanks for answering!
Message 3 of 6 (11,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too, what should I do? Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6 (6,635 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’ve also had this problem with this house I built. And I can’t put a ceiling over the hole in the middle of the house. On my PlayStation I’ve tried to fix it the best I can but I don’t want to mess anything up. I tried to do the second floor thing and it didn’t work. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,716 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten a little older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you have further questions on this topic, please create a new thread so we can look into this with you Standard smile

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (2,698 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help