Re: Can´t manage restaurant (says I do not own a business)

by LilJur405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can´t manage restaurant (says I do not own a business)

★★★ Newbie

So I've encountered this issue where I buy a restaurant but don't own it.

At first I only bought the plot. But I couldn't build since I couldn't transfer any funds. The game menu said I did not own any businesses. Even though it does say I own it on the world map.

I thought the issue was the empty plot. So I sold it, build a restaurant and bought the plot with furbished building.
Yet... Still the same issue. I still can't manage or transfer funds.
However, the game did hire employers for me and I can manage those, as you can see in the image.

I did have a mod called "More realistic restaurant" and thought this might be the issue. But even after removing the mod, I can still not manage my restaurant.

Since Google is not really helping me find an anwser, I'm hoping to get one here.

Message 1 of 3 (4,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @LilJur405 

could be that the mod is not completely removed. Did you also delete your localthumbcache file ?

Might be best to try a factory reset as described in the factory reset in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,354 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @LilJur405 

could be that the mod is not completely removed. Did you also delete your localthumbcache file ?

Might be best to try a factory reset as described in the factory reset in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (4,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. After selling my business and buying it again, that worked for me.

Message 3 of 3 (4,346 Views)