Re: Can’t make two YAs brothers

by Pixeliator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t make two YAs brothers

★★★ Novice

Sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place, I’m new around here.

I have two YAs in the same household. One has always been in the household and the other just moved.

I have testingcheats and cas.fulleditmode enabled, but when I go to edit relationships for the just moved sim the sim I want to make him brothers with and one other sim both have their relationship status greyed out and when I hover over it it displays “Cannot edit pre-existing Sims.”

I’ve seen a few other posts with similar issues, but they seem to be 3-4 years old and do not help.

I have no CC or mods installed as far as I’m aware. I really have no idea what could be causing this issue at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (382 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Three years later and I just remembered about this post. I did work out the reason behind this issue a couple months after making the post; the new Sim I moved in was imported from a previous save where he had already had siblings. I probably should've realised this from the "Cannot edit pre-existing Sims" message.

Resolving this for my past self doesn't really have any purpose, but hey, maybe it'll help me sleep a little better at night having some closure on this, lol.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Apparently this is one of the Cheats that was recently removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

★★★ Novice

But I can make him brother/sister with other sims in the household, just not those two.

Message 3 of 4 (367 Views)

★★★ Novice

Three years later and I just remembered about this post. I did work out the reason behind this issue a couple months after making the post; the new Sim I moved in was imported from a previous save where he had already had siblings. I probably should've realised this from the "Cannot edit pre-existing Sims" message.

Resolving this for my past self doesn't really have any purpose, but hey, maybe it'll help me sleep a little better at night having some closure on this, lol.

Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help