by AlecRoadagain

Original Post

Can´t make my adult Sim do anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? N/A
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK
What happens when the bug occurs? It's the third time this has happened in the last 3 days. Usually I can solve it by restarting the game, but this time it didn't work. My adult Sim task bar doesn't respond and I can't make her do anything, not even move. She's standing next to her bed but if I ask her to seat or sleep, she doesn't move. The icon of the action apears in the actions bar but it doesn't go down to become a real action. I can add actions and cancel them, but she doesn't do anything. Others Sims actions do trigger her reaction, like her toddler talking to her, but she can't do anything by herself. I have no problem moving other Sims, just her.
What do you expect to see? The action bubbles to appear and then go down in the actions bar so my Sim actually does the things I ask her to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://youtu.be/zg1YWjmag3Q 

Message 1 of 2 (465 Views)

Re: Can´t make my adult Sim do anything

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AlecRoadagain  As you have never used mods /cc we can rule that out. A couple of things you can try. Go into build/buy mode and move an object near the Sim. That should reset the Sim and set things right. You can also try going to map view (use the M key) as if to travel then just go back into your lot. 

Using testingcheats and right click on the Sim and choose to reset.

More tips here:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Please let us know if these tips work.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 2 (443 Views)