Re: Can't log into the sims 3 launcher

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict 

Unfortunately I’ve tried all that (QA is my full time job) but hasn’t yielded any results. Doesn’t matter if the launcher is open, if I’m signed into every EA website, Origin, I’ve tried multiple web browsers, cleared cache, disabled caching, went through Sims 3 Store, download dashboard and every option to download my content requires me to bring up Sims 3 launcher (this option will pop up regardless if I have it already open) or in the case of IE it will just automatically attempt to download via launcher, which will STILL bring up my required login through launcher to download this stuff.

I’ve been looking around and the fact that EA is still selling Sims 3 items but won’t support it is abysmal. So I paid the money, <removed per rules>

Message 11 of 15 (1,042 Views)

@Miomidon  Store content is encrypted, so it can't be shared between accounts.

Of course you need to use the launcher to install store content, but again, it's not normal for the launcher to require you to login.  Have you tried downloading into a clean user data folder yet?  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, then try to download something.

If this doesn't help, is it possible that the copy of the Sims 3 base game, specifically the product key, is different in your store account than it is in your Origin account?  Like I mentioned, store content is encrypted, and it may be checking the product key tied to the installed game with the one on file in the store account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict 

I have, all these things present the same problem which is this inescapable login screen. It isn’t a mismatched version of games as I only have one copy and have been able to download content in the past (like yesterday) so this login requirement is entirely new for whatever reason. It started happening when telling the store to download a few different items, managed to accomplish one item before popping up with the launcher request etc etc. The welcome splash screen on the launcher is also now blank. But I’m able to download the items I purchased elsewhere due to folks tired of this mess also and converted their files so they can be shared and function. Appreciate the assist but this is likely an issue EA has to deal with since there are a few of us who can’t seem to fix this through normal means.

Message 13 of 15 (1,015 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Miomidon,

It might be something with the password. Have you any special characters in there?

Removing special characters from the password worked in this thread (link below) when troubleshooting didn't. Also the troubleshooting steps in that thread would be great to try out in their entirety.
Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Invalid-login-The-Sims-3-Launcher-Issues/m-p/8059389#M...

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 14 of 15 (966 Views)

Community Manager
It's been a few days since I've posted. If members are still experiencing this issue and the advice shared in this thread isn't doing the trick for you, please pop open a new thread and let's take it from there. Locking this as it's been necro'd from 2013. Thanks
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 15 (861 Views)