Re: Can't log into the sims 3 launcher

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't log into the sims 3 launcher

★★★ Novice
I recently changed my password, and I can log in to origin and the sims 3 website fine but now when I've tried to log on to the sims 3 launcher and it won't let me, I've tried my old password as well but it still doesn't work and I've just bought something of the sims website and now I can't use it because it says I need to log in!!! Please help
Message 1 of 15 (9,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

in your documents electronicsarts-the sims 3-downloads folder is a file with your email address delete that then see if you can log in

also is your game patched up todate as that could be the issue too hover your mouse over the base game icon in the launcher what does that say ?

167.jpg

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (9,696 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

in your documents electronicsarts-the sims 3-downloads folder is a file with your email address delete that then see if you can log in

also is your game patched up todate as that could be the issue too hover your mouse over the base game icon in the launcher what does that say ?

167.jpg

Message 2 of 15 (9,697 Views)

★★★ Novice

Aw thank you its worked!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 15 (9,171 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 4 of 15 (9,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Did that and it didn't work. Please help.

Message 5 of 15 (6,700 Views)

@BrianLyons315  Try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help, go to another EA site, change your password to something with only letters and numbers (no special symbols), clear IE's cache again, and then try to login.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 15 (6,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've tried all of these and it's still not working for me. I'm so frustrated.

Message 7 of 15 (6,354 Views)

@Shae1664  Are you also seeing the blank screen?  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Please also list the steps you've tried, so I don't repeat anything that hasn't worked.

By the way, you don't need to login to the launcher to play or download content.  You can download from the Sims 3 Store site, and you can play without logging in anywhere.  The only time you need to sign into the launcher is if you're trying to upload content to the Exchange.

Message 8 of 15 (6,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How does one download content without logging in? Because for me, personally, whenever I click download on the Sims 3 store site for the content I just bought it automatically launches a "open sims3 launcher", brings up the launcher and asks me to login, which is where this issue is occurring and becoming frustrating. If there's another way to download my content that doesn't involve the launcher that would be helpful but so far I'm not able to find that solution.

Message 9 of 15 (6,257 Views)

@Miomidon  Try opening the launcher before you click Download.  I've never needed to login to the launcher, in macOS or Windows, although I've heard people say they have to.  If the launcher is open and you still can't download without logging in, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete a file there labeled [your email].bin, then clear the cache for Internet Explorer:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

and try to login again.

Message 10 of 15 (6,242 Views)