Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by MalikLove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

★★★★★ Novice

I just purchased some very expensive stuff from the Sims 3 store, but I can't download it because the game launcher won't let me log in. I put in my login info, but the box disapears for a few seconds then pops right back up with my login info still there.  I can login to the thesims3.com and origin just fine. I have cleared the IE cache, ran as admin, changed my password, changed the UAC settings, un-installed nd re-installed the base game, and restarted my computer. Nothing works! I'm beyond frustrated.

Message 1 of 69 (54,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

★★★★ Novice

Ok I finally was able to fix it after talking to an extremely helpful EA advisor (I had to talk to two others before I got to him). Instead of just clearing Internet Explorer cookies, I had to completely reset IE and it worked. Here's what I did:

IE-> Tools->Internet options->Advanced tab-> Reset

Hope that helps somebody.

View in thread

Message 18 of 69 (41,850 Views)

All Replies

Hero

See my answer here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Game-Launcher-Can-t-Log-In/m-p/1444606

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (54,614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That doesn't help. I already said that I can log into the website just fine and I have already cleared the Internet Explorer browser cache.

Message 3 of 69 (54,604 Views)

Hero

There's a file in documents\electronicarts\thesims3\downloads that has your email address as file name. Delete that.

It could also be because of the maintanance that's going on.

Did you try downloading the stuff without logging in the launcher ? Start the launcher, open the website, login and then click on download. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 69 (54,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't log in. I can log into Origin fine and when I put in my details to get onto sims, it says 'New User Registration' so I enter my password, gender and tick 'I accept T&C, and it doesn't let me press sign in at the bottom? It's really annoying me because I have been waiting to play this for ages.

Message 5 of 69 (53,866 Views)

Hero

Did you fill out all the fields ? As far as I remember there's also a CAPTCHA

You can also try to use a different browser.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 69 (53,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

none of the answers here are helpful at all. I have done all of this, I still cannot log in via the launcher because the login-window keeps popping up again. Don't tell me to delete cookies or clear my cache or any **bleep** like that, because first I have already done that and second  the issue is not with my browser, it is the launcher.

Message 7 of 69 (51,677 Views)

Hero

Can you login on the website ok ?

DId you recently change your password ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 69 (51,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I did not change anything at all except trying to use Dragon Valley, which I can only access if I log in after the launcher openes. My password works and I can log in everywhere (origins etc.) except the launcher. I guess I bought this dragon valley ** for nothing. Or is there a solution yet? BTW my game is up-to date, the problem was there before and after updating to the newest version.

Message 9 of 69 (51,671 Views)

Hero

I would contact a game advisor so they can take a look at your account to see if something is not as it should be.

We're users here so we can't do that

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 69 (51,665 Views)