Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

@PrincessCheerio  I'm not sure why your launcher is blank.  When I just opened mine, I wasn't logged in but still saw the usual ads and other stuff, after a brief delay.  I'm sure you would know if your internet was being wonky overall, and you've presumably been clearing browser caches (including IE).  So I guess that leaves your TS3 install and your game folder, and, of course, something on EA's side.  You can pull the game folder out of Documents and place it on your desktop, and then see if the launcher looks normal again.

I know you want your DLC, but in the meantime, can you play TS3 properly?  Can you sign in at the Main Menu level?  You're not the only poster who's having trouble today, but since none of us can fix an EA-related problem, we're left with checking our own games and waiting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 61 of 69 (2,886 Views)

★★ Novice
It's definitely the website that's the issue. Game plays fine. Launcher is fine-- not blank. The website itself was giving me hell. I could view everything just fine NOT being logged in. But when I WOULD log in, and select my purchase history to download purchased items, it would redirect me to the "make a deal" page and I'd be automatically bumped out of my login... repeatedly.
More or less posting the issue to MAYBE get EA's attention in fixing known issues, but I guess I'm asking a lot from them, having been such a loyal patron for as long as I have been... -_-
Message 62 of 69 (2,879 Views)

★★ Novice

After all this time, this answer helped and works. Thank you so much, I was starting to get super frustrated! 

Message 63 of 69 (2,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Solution for some:

I've read every help solution I could find on the log in problem when downloading my Sims 3 Store content. I have tons of store content, and was able to download half of it, then suddenly the Sims 3 launcher login screen popped up. I pasted in all correct credentials, and didn't receive any "incorrect" error, but the login screen would just keep flashing up each time.

Deleted all temp files from browser, temporarily removed some user folders, restarted my PC, nothing.

What finally worked: I used my "CCleaner Free" program and ran it. The log in screen stopped popping up, and I could resume my Sims 3 Store downloads. CCleaner removes all cr*p files you've accumulated, and has had a good reputation for years.

I'm leery of 3rd party program solutions, and you may be also: But if nothing else works for you, you may want to give it a try. I've used the program for years--their free version works great. Google the name for the free download.

May want to try it if you're like me, and nothing else is helping.

Message 64 of 69 (2,749 Views)

★ Novice

ElmaFatts, I just want you to know you really, really, really have helped me out. This thank-you is almost three years later, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write down what happened and what fixed it. This simple little post of yours has saved my bacon TWICE now. I wasn't able to log into my Launcher, and any time I tried to load a saved game I got a "serious error" message.

Before seeing your suggestion, I fully reinstalled my game and was still getting the same error you were. I almost broke down and cried like a child because reinstalling is SUCH a bear, and it hadn't helped! Then I saw your post and thought "It can't be that easy... can it?" And I did this, and it worked. So if you're wondering if you make a difference in the world, well, to me you sure do. Thank you. The Sims 3 community is incredibly kind and generous, and I think that's a big part of why I keep coming back to this game years after TS4's been out and active in the world! Happy 2019!

Message 65 of 69 (2,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

were is the IE tools. I'm not very computer smart. Game worked great yesterday. I even uninstalled them and reinstalled them today

Message 66 of 69 (2,500 Views)

@hdni  You can find Internet Explorer by typing it into the search box in the lower left corner of your screen.  From there, here are some pictures to guide you:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 67 of 69 (2,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The CCcleaner works!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I tried everything but this was the only thing that worked. OMGG SO HAPPY THANKS!!! HERO

Message 68 of 69 (2,400 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Closing this thread as it's a bit of an oldie. If the steps in this thread aren't helping please pop over here "Invalid login/The Sims 3 Launcher Issues".

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 69 of 69 (2,214 Views)