Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by HeidiBrown81

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I've cleared browser history and reset browser history...still nothing.

How long does it take to update the cookies? Should I be able to login immediately.

Very frustrating can login on chrome, ea an sims store...but game launcher won't let me login.

Please help.

Thanks,

Maddie

Message 51 of 69 (2,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well just had the same problem... and yeah just go to the Internet Explorer ( I know it doesn't make ANY sense..) then go to Internet option.. then go to Advanced AND THEN hit the Reset.. xD It works for me. I hope that it works for you too (If i'm not to late whit the answer xD also sorry if my English is bad xD ) 

Good luck Standard smile

Message 52 of 69 (2,450 Views)

★ Novice

This works so well!! I talked to two ea workers, one on live chat and one on the phone. The guy on the chat was nice and did his best to help me, but his instructions included shutting down my pc which means i had to end the chat. However, the results came out the same. I talked to a guy on the phone, but he had an accent that was hard to understand so I ended up giving up and coming to the forums and thank god I did. It was really important that I clicked the 'DELETE PERSONAL SETTINGS' box because that's what made it work.  Thank you!!

Message 53 of 69 (2,319 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue but I have  Edge.. windows 10 did one of their disaster updates that you cannot control.. and now I can't login to my game.

Message 54 of 69 (2,315 Views)

★ Novice

Any advice for us Edge users? Or do I have to download Explorer and then do the suggested steps? How come this could affect my game if I don't even have IE on my computer... 

Message 55 of 69 (2,275 Views)

★★ Novice

I just purchased some things last night and I CAN'T for the life of me, STAY logged in while on the site. The website resets every time I enter my login/pw and asks me for my login info again. When I THINK I'm logged in, and on the page of the item I just purchased and ACTUALLY have the "download" button available for it, it makes me log in again when I click it, then redirects me to the "Make Me A Deal" page. Teeth bared

I typically use Chrome and have NEVER had an issue before yesterday, logging in, purchasing, and downloading through it. I tried logging in through MS Edge as an alternative, but when I try, my username and password apparently aren't valid through that browser and it doesn't recognize as an existing account???

This is very strange and beyond irritating.

Message 56 of 69 (2,263 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pallokaloIf you have Windows, then you have Explorer as well.  Microsoft has made it hard to find, but it's still there, and even if you never use it, the TS3 launcher does.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

It would probably be best to clear the caches for all of your browsers.  If you're still having trouble, try another browser and see if it helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 57 of 69 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HeidiBrown81  Try to clear the caches for all of your browsers, even Internet Explorer, which is somewhere on your computer even if it's hidden.  Be sure to uncheck the box to perserve data for favorites.  Perhaps changing your password would also help; if not, try another browser.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 58 of 69 (2,253 Views)

★★ Novice
Trust me; I did. I cleared cache on EVERY browser on my pc and tried them all again. It didn't help WAY before I even posted this. This is NOT the first time I've had an issue dealing with the site's problems like this. I've been playing the Sims for decades at this point. I was just so angered by the fact that I'd just spent money on something I didn't have immediate access to, without any kind of explanation for it.

With that said, I could eventually log in...Three days later. This was clearly some kind of issue in EA's end. I posted here hoping someone had an alternate suggestion, other than the obvious "work arounds" in dealing with this. I did nothing different than I normally would have in order for this to eventually work... I Just waited... a ridiculous amount of time for what should've been an instant download.
It was poor service all around; that's all I can say about this.
Message 59 of 69 (2,213 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this exact problem right now and have tried literally everything in this thread and NOTHING has worked.  My laptop had to be completely reset after a Windows 10 update screwed everything up, so I've had to download all of the DLC from the Sims 3 Community.  Downloaded most of it and installed it from my purchase history, only to find several items were not installed properly and had to be re-downloaded from the store.  When I went to re-download them I was logged out of the Sims 3 Launcher but not the store, and it asked me to log in on the launcher.  I typed in my password several times and it's still flashing up with the "Please Log in" window.  I've reset FOUR DIFFERENT BROWSERS and the Welcome screen on the Launcher is still just a blank blue background instead of the usual reel of Sims 4 ads, login button and my profile pic.  I've restarted the laptop, I've used the "Details" tab of my Task Manager to end both Origin and the Launcher and NOTHING HAS WORKED.  I just wanna play my damn game with the DLC I paid for already!  Does it only count as solved for the OP btw?  I still have no clue how this works.

Message 60 of 69 (2,155 Views)