Can’t log in to Sims account in game

by Admiral_Volshe

Original Post

Can’t log in to Sims account in game

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I reinstalled the Sims three on my new laptop, and it’s working perfectly fine except for the fact that I cannot login to my Sims account in game. I’m using the same login information that I’m using here, it is my same Sims account. It doesn’t give me an error or anything it just doesn’t let me and keeps kicking me back to the login window.

If anyone has any resolutions for this, please let me know, thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (1,589 Views)

Re: Can’t log in to Sims account in game

@Admiral_Volshe  Try clearing Internet Explorer's browser cache.  Even if you never use it, TS3 does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help, change your password on another EA site, clear your browser caches again (including IE), and try to login to the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I was always logged in on the game UI but when I tried to download items in the dashboard it popped up a window asking for my password which it said was incorrect even though it wasn’t. So I went to EA dot com and changed my password. This password works on Origin and the EA site but didn’t work in game.

I went to Chat Help and that tech had me delete Origin stuff to clear that cache, restart my pc, and it’s the same thing but worse. I’m no longer logged in in game and can’t log in because it says my password is incorrect. The tech even had me reset the password again, and again it works here and in Origin but not in game.

I don’t use IE. The pictures in that link look nothing like the IE Edge that came on my new Windows 10 desktop. There is no place to delete the things listed in the description. This is EA’s technical issue, not IE’s. I use Firefox, there is nothing to delete from my IE cache because I’ve never used it since I got this PC a few months ago. I’d be only too happy to delete whatever will fix this issue but the instructions don’t help me at all.

And I’m back to the queue on Chat Help but I don’t think they understand the situation. It’s not Origin, it’s not IE, it’s the Sims 3 Game Launcher/UI with the issue. For some reason it doesn’t sync to the Origin/EA account password. I can play the game without it, but EA loses money because I can no longer purchase DL content in S3.

ETA: I found instructions with my version of IE. I cleared the cache and browser history. It did not fix my issue.

Message 3 of 8 (1,469 Views)

@16630f6c2ad11aed  Even though you don't use Internet Explorer, the Sims 3 launcher does.  IE and Edge are two separate browsers, which is why the pictures look different.  So please clear IE's cache and see whether it helps.  If it doesn't, clear IE's cache a second time, then remove your Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and try to login again.  Once you're able to sign in, you can move your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one.

Message 4 of 8 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I didn’t know that, thank you. I don’t know why the heck this PC came with 2 browsers, neither of which I use. 

I found regular IE, deleted everything listed. I had hope when I started the game because now I had the ad on the launcher screen, but it was false hope, I still can’t log into my EA account from the UI.

I will try the rest of your suggestion.

Update: Before I could get to the rest of your suggestion my second Chat tech was texting me. He or she (Tapash) did something on their end which got it working. Tapash wants me to enable login verification so I don’t know if not having that on is part of this issue. When I asked what the problem had been this was the reply:

”There was an issue on the account a slight issue with logins which I checked as soon as you mentioned the log in issue and fixed it, that resolved the concern.”

So there is something on their end that can be cleared to fix the problem. I’m glad it’s fixed but would like others in my position to know that sometimes you have to keep speaking with tech, you can’t always fix it on your own. I don’t know if anything tracks location, internet provider, or MAC address but I moved 6 months ago and then got a new PC. I’m just extremely happy that it’s now fixed. Thanks for your help and Tapash’s.

Message 5 of 8 (1,455 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sigh. I can log in in game but i’m missing content and can’t load one save because it was created with content that is no longer available. This is because the first tech had me delete some Origin files. I guess Origin recreates them or something but obviously there was important data in there. Like Barnacle Bay free world for buying Sims Medieval. It even shows on my page at EA that I have that world but it’s not listed on the Origin site as owned. I already put the code in at EA so I don’t think it’ll work again.  I know in Origin my pack was shown as Back to the Future now it’s just base Sims 3 so I don’t know what else I’m missing. Do I just take all those files out of the recycle bin and put them back?

This is so frustrating. I never had any problems before EA did the Origin thing.  Hey EA & Origin, how about you refund me all the money I’ve spent on Sims 3, expansions, packs, etc. and you can have it back.

Message 6 of 8 (1,445 Views)

@16630f6c2ad11aed  I don't know what you deleted, but you can always reinstall store content, including worlds.  They do need to be downloaded via the store though, not through Origin.  Here's the product page for Barnacle Bay:

https://store.thesims3.com/barnacleBay.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

If there's other content you're missing that you can't reinstall, please let me know.  And tell me as well whether you'd like to try to preserve your installed store and/or custom content, or whether you'd rather install everything from scratch.  Your saves, builds, etc. are separate and can be copied or transferred after the store stuff is sorted out.

Message 7 of 8 (1,438 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey, thanks for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it.  In my excitement of being able to log back into the store in game I didn’t realize content had gone missing but then realized it when I saw one save unavailable. I restarted the game and then realized the game icon wasn’t the latest expansion I had bought and just base game. I repaired in Origin, it showed all my expansions and packs, but I only had 4 towns showing up in game, hence the unplayable one.

I tried to get back to EA Help Chat but my case was marked as solved and couldn’t open a new one for some reason. I had the hourglass and it wouldn’t connect. In disgust I restored all the Origin files the first tech had me delete. It still wasn’t back to normal when I launched the game again. I closed everything, did a system restore to a save point before the Origin file deletion and when I started the game it loaded with the Back to the Future screen, everything was back (11 towns I think) and I was able to download the uninstalled content sitting in my dashboard!

I don’t know how it all got fixed but I’m relieved that it is. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,423 Views)