Can't load lots after June/June 2021 patch

by LexxyGames

Original Post

Can't load lots after June/June 2021 patch

★★★★★ Newbie

I can open the Sims 4, go into my save, then the world but when I click on any of the lots, it just stays on the loading screen. I have left it for an hour and it is still just on the loading screen. 

I have tried just loading a new game and could open the lot but I can't open any existing saves which is obviously frustrating. 

I have updated and repaired the game in origin but that hasn't done anything. 

I have removed all of my mods and cc from the game and it hasn't done anything. 

My save folder in documents looks like the attached if that is helpful? 

Please can someone advise me how to fix it, it is my escapism but haven't got it at the moment. I am not sure if it is me being old or what. 

Thank you, a very sad 30 year old lady x

Message 1 of 4 (251 Views)

Re: Can't load lots after June/June 2021 patch

★★★★★ Apprentice
@LexxyGames Are you playing the game via Steam or Origin?

If Origin, remove any mods you have and repair the game. If that doesn't work, unfortunately that means you have a corrupted save. Please try this on this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Save-File-Corrupted/td-p/9550278

Happy Simming!
Message 2 of 4 (240 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am playing via origin. I have managed to open the lot in build and buy but not to play as a character. Any ideas are welcome x

Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

@LexxyGames  Can you play other households within the same save?  Please test a couple, just to see.  If another household loads into live mode, use "save as" to rename the save (so the original remains intact), play that household for a few sim-hours, save, quit, reload, and see whether you can now load your original household.

Please also let me know whether any of the sims in the households you can't load have custom traits.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)