Re: Can’t load game please help!

by sydl1001

Original Post

Can’t load game please help!

★ Novice

I try to load the game in Origin and error comes up at the end of loading that says “VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. setup cannot continue. (-1073741521)”   Checked and I have all the recommended system requirements 

please help I really want to play this game! 

Message 1 of 3 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sydl1001 
I understand that you have a 64-bit system and installed a game. You can't only launch this game.
Go to Program Filles / Origin Games / The Sims4 / installer, open the folder vc / vc2010sp / redistr. You will find two files in the redistr folder that you can install.
Then again open the folder vc / this time go to the folder vc2013 / then again to the folder redistr there will be files from 2015 - install them also.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

looks like theres an issue in the vc2013 folder with those files. it said its not designed to run on windows or contains an error. I tried to re install them from microsoft site but still has the same error and wont let me download. argggg Frown It says "C:\Windows\system32\Cabinet.dll" not designed to run or has an error. I guess i'll contact microsoft 

Message 3 of 3 (286 Views)