Can't launch the Sims 4

by theisus27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't launch the Sims 4

★★ Novice

I haven't played the sims 4 in almost maybe 2 months and now I want to start back playing. I try launching the app and it loads but the actual game never pops up. I ended up deleting the app and re downloading it. I did the same process and it still didn't work. Then I deleted the origin app then re install that. I launched the game again and it didn't wanna launch. Just last week there was a update and it updated the sims 4. It ended up launching the game because the game updated I'm assuming but of course I had to enable my mods so I did that then you have to restart the game and I did that. I was hopeful that I would be able to still play the game but once I tried to get back on the game it didn't work. I don't know if this is happening to other people or not. It could be my HP but I highly doubt that because something isn't working and I'm confused on what to do now. PLEASE help.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5 (280 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't launch the Sims 4

@theisus27  It sounds like one or more of your mods are corrupted or incompatible with the current patch level.  If you have too many to test individually, you can use the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (205 Views)

All Replies

@theisus27  Please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.

If the game still won't load, please let me know what antivirus you use.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (256 Views)

★★ Novice

I ended up doing what you said and the game launched once I took out the sims folder but is there a way I can put my mods in there. Because I did try and put my mods in the new folder but the game wouldn't launch. So is there anyway I can put my mods in this new folder?

Message 3 of 5 (210 Views)

@theisus27  It sounds like one or more of your mods are corrupted or incompatible with the current patch level.  If you have too many to test individually, you can use the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 4 of 5 (206 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay thank you for helping me!

Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)