Can’t launch Sims 4 on one of several Windows accounts on same computer.

by Charleybjorn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t launch Sims 4 on one of several Windows accounts on same computer.

★★★ Newbie

We have just installed Sims 4 on a recently bought laptop where there are several Windows accounts created.

We can launch Sims 4 from any of those Windows accounts except for one of them for which we get an error message saying “Required game data missing/damaged…[de4ee14f:29f00e76)”.

All Windows accounts have admin rights.

We have Sims 4 installed on another laptop where we have the same Windows accounts.

On this laptop we can launch Sims 4 from any of the Windows accounts, including from the one that doesn’t work on the new laptop.

Any idea how we can make this Windows account work even on the new computer?

Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t launch Sims 4 on one of several Windows accounts on same computer.

@Charleybjorn  Does this one account use OneDrive?  There have been quite a few reports of OneDrive causing issues with Sims 4 recently, and the easiest solution is to either disable OneDrive entirely or block it from automatically syncing the contents of Documents.

If the account name uses special characters, that could also cause problems.  As for why the same name works on another computer, that can come down to system settings.  If you'd like help messing with the settings, let me know, but it's not relevant if the username contains only ASCII characters.

If neither of those is the issue though, it may be easier to delete and recreate this account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (206 Views)

All Replies

@Charleybjorn  Does this one account use OneDrive?  There have been quite a few reports of OneDrive causing issues with Sims 4 recently, and the easiest solution is to either disable OneDrive entirely or block it from automatically syncing the contents of Documents.

If the account name uses special characters, that could also cause problems.  As for why the same name works on another computer, that can come down to system settings.  If you'd like help messing with the settings, let me know, but it's not relevant if the username contains only ASCII characters.

If neither of those is the issue though, it may be easier to delete and recreate this account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling OneDrive didn't help so I removed the Windows account and recreated it. And we can now launch Sims 4 from this account! Thank you so much for your help.

Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)