Re: Can't interact with other Sims while OBS is running

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Can't interact with other Sims while OBS is running

★ Novice

Hi!

I'm having an issue with my game, where I'm unable to click on and interact with Sims in Sims 4 while I'm recording my gameplay with OBS Studio. Whenever I click on other sims while OBS Studio is recording, the menu to do anything with them will not show at all. As soon as I stop recording, everything runs normally. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@niadeleciaI hope someone who have experience with this program will answer you. There is also a forum for OBS. I searched it but found no recent post with your issue. You might have better luck posting there though: https://obsproject.com/forum/

I tested the program, but while I changed a lot of settings I could not figure out what happened in your game. A couple of questions:

Have it worked before? Did you change any settings, which ones? Do you play with Origin In-Game, Discord etc while playing/recording? Any notifications on the screen, if you exit out of the game?

Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

★ Novice

@DonroaAkashu 

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I posted to the OBS Forum last night and am still waiting for a reply. Wanted to see if maybe anyone here ever had the same issue that I’m having too! I’m not sure if it’s worked before because this is my first time trying to record my game play. I had finally gotten my settings right on OBS to record, but I had never tried interacting with other sims. I have no notifications on my screen when I exit the game, and I play the sims through origin.

Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@niadeleciaSounds good! Please update here if you recieve any solution from OBS Forum. If you don't I'll be glad to try to help you troubleshoot.

Since the issue is with a new install of the program, you could try install it again, and clean the registry with CCleaner or equivalent and restart your computer, before installing OBS again.

Origin In-Game creates some odd issues, so try if disabling it does anything. Disable both on global and specific level:

Origin>Application Settings>More>Origin In Game

Origin>My Game Library, right click Sims 4 icon>Game Properties>General

Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)