Can't install night life - Requires to install The Sims 3, but I have done it already!

by banbanzita

Original Post

Can't install night life - Requires to install The Sims 3, but I have done it already!

★★★★★ Newbie

The download on Origin has already finished, but when I try to install it pops a message that I have to install The Sims 3 before continue, but I already have it on my PC and I've been playing it without any problems! Please, help!

Message 1 of 7 (363 Views)

Re: Can't install night life - Requires to install The Sims 3, but I have done it already!

Hero

Do you have the base game as disc version ? If so, see this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html

If not, what's your operating system ? Did you buy the base game on Origin too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (360 Views)

Re: Can't install night life - Requires to install The Sims 3, but I have done it already!

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I bought both on Origin plataform. Windows Vista.

Message 3 of 7 (356 Views)

Hero

Do you have it at the default path ? Did you try the trick in the link anyways ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have The Sims 3 at the default path, but Nigh Life not yet because I could only finish the download an I couldn't even start the installation. What do you mean by "trick in the link"? You trying to install by clicking on the "Sims3EP03.exe"? Cause I have already tried starting the application by the Program Files (Origin Games > The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack) link and by opening the Origin and starting it there. Same result, "This product requires a copy of The Sims 3 installed. Install The Sims 3 before this product.".

Message 5 of 7 (346 Views)

Hero

I meant this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html but since you were able to download, this should not apply to you.

There have been others with this issue and I don't really know what's causing it. I'll post this in the helpers thread. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7 (332 Views)