:D :D :D :D

Message 11 of 22 (2,112 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 Roaring Heights

Hero (Retired)

fantastic Standard smile welcomes Standard smile

Message 12 of 22 (2,106 Views)

Re: Can't instal Sims 3 Roaring Heights

★★ Novice

I've bought roaring heights but when I go to downloaded it, its not there my Sims game is updated

Message 13 of 22 (2,098 Views)

★★ Novice

you should have the latest patch: 1.67.2.024002 for roaring heights to work correctly (especially on a mac) for some reason these two don't collab well. download the super patch listed above.  it may take a while because its a really large content patch

Message 14 of 22 (2,090 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the Same world Roaring Heights Yesterd06/20/15. I have the latest game Island Paradise which should include the latest patch  and the Store has asked and it has been downloaded the latest patch for the Store/Launcher has been installed but I can NOT get this to load in my game each time I do I get a download error message then a request to down load the latest store patch then it will show Download Qued but never loads into the game. Also for A or B I now get an error that states "Can't log in into Origins" and I have made sure that I am logged into Origins before starting the the launcher . Yet oddly I can download other items from the store with out a problem. Please asst as this was almost $40 and I have nothing to show for it!

Message 15 of 22 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi Rumbutter,

I am still playing The Sims 3 and I just brought Roaring Heights. My sims 3 version is 1.69.43.024017 and Roaring Heights just won't install for me.

Suggestions?

EDIT: Just after I posted this, I tried to install it again... stupid bloody thing made me look like a fool and installed first shot. Please ignore this Standard smile

Message 16 of 22 (1,850 Views)

★★ Novice

it's 2018 and i am not able to install this or any other purchased worlds. the version of sims3 i have is 1.69.43.024017 and i don't see an option to check for updated versions. the game says i need an update when i try to install my content. is there still help for someone like me?

Message 17 of 22 (1,680 Views)

@Kalowg  There is no update past patch 1.69, so you're fine there.  Sometimes store content won't install into an existing TS3 game folder, for whatever reason.  But you can pull that folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and then launch the game to generate a clean folder.  Try downloading and installing into this folder instead; if it works, you can move the rest of your content into the new folder from the old one.

You could also try clearing all of your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the game does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Players on patch 1.67 are missing the StoreContent patch from their game folders and thus have problems downloading and/or running premium content, including some worlds.  On patch 1.69, you're supposed to have those files somewhere in your Program Files.  But you could always try adding them to your game folder anyway.  If it doesn't help, you can delete them again.  Here's a link to download them, as EA isn't offering them up automatically anymore:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 22 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for the reply. i figured it out. i had to install the dlc fresh from the store. i dont remember how i got there, but i got to there i guess through thesims.com or something and went through history and purchases. something like that. i know its very preleminary, but its been a long time. thanks, though

Message 19 of 22 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The patch can not download because it is saying that it isn't deceting the sims 3 on my computer to do so. I have most of the sims 3 on my computer. any ideas to help?

Message 20 of 22 (1,286 Views)