Can't hire a service

by yonit83

Original Post

Can't hire a service

★ Novice

Hi Everyone!

Lately when I play and try to hire a maid service (or any other service for that matter), it just doesn't work.

When I go to "Hire a service" on my Sims cell, it appears for a second on the actions for my sim (on the lower left side of the screen) and then just disappears and my sim won't call the maid or anything else.

I use Mods (a lot of them). Is it something i downloaded?

If so-  how can i Find which one is causing the problem? I have like 3000 mods.

Thanks for any help offered Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (10,689 Views)

Re: Can't hire a service

Hero (Retired)

chances are if you patched up your game with the mods folder still in something broke,  the patch did break a lot of mods and CC it is up the person who uses mods and CC if they hear of a patch for the game to check up on if  mods/CC have been updated what to do is moves the mods folder to the desktop for now then use the repair game option in origin once you do that then exit out of origin altogether  relaunch  your game see if you can use the service again

then go see which mods have been updated and get your newest version also this is the painstaking part   add a mod back one at a time add one launch play make sure all is well save and exit add the next rinse repeat

Message 2 of 4 (10,674 Views)

★★★★ Novice

was this ever resolved ? I currently have the same problem. Deleted all CC out of date. Re-started it and the same thing happens.

Message 3 of 4 (10,287 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (10,283 Views)