by BlueRafael

Original Post

Can't grab & drag plates or food dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make food, and leave it on a counter. I don't think it matters if it's a single serving, or a larger dish.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't grab & drag the dish to put it in the fridge, or throw it away. The game acts as though I'm moving the camera around. I can still grab & drag other things; I was able to grab a dog toy.
What do you expect to see? Being able to grab & drag plates, and dishes of food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only happened after one of two things; after installing dogs & cats, or after cleaning caches, &"repairing" the game. I would also like to note, that nothing prompted me to repair my game. I had not seen any major problems. Origin didn't need to download anything in the repair process. I also didn't have to delete many cache files, since there were none. The only files I deleted were in the lotcacheddata folder, but they hadn't been accessed since 2014.

I'm still able to tell my sim to clean up, and put away, I'm just so used to doing it myself.

Message 1 of 14 (8,885 Views)

Re: Can't grab & drag plates or food dishes

Hero

Hi  @BlueRafael

could you try switching households to see if it happens there too ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (8,879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Switched to a different household, and it works fine. Switched back to my normal household, and had my sim cook something else, and that worked fine.

But, I thought of something. I had hired a nanny, the day before, and she had cooked pan fried tilapia. One of my sims ate some, but I couldn't drag that plate, which is how i originally noticed it. I later wasn't able to put away the full dish, after I noticed it on the counter. It seems like only the dish that the nanny cooked, was bugged.

Message 3 of 14 (8,875 Views)

Hero

Maybe it's an 'ownership' issue but it shouldn't happen empty plates. 

Can you try if it happens again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (8,868 Views)

Hero

Giving this a nudge above the bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (8,855 Views)

Hero

@BlueRafael

Do you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (8,840 Views)

★★★★ Pro

FYI, I've never been able to drag food into the fridge created by NPCs (ie nannies, butlers, caterers), only by my controllable Sims.  Same if food is created on a public lot created by my sims (such as Myshuno Meadows). I thought that was by design. Standard smile 

Regards,

Jennifer 

Message 7 of 14 (8,833 Views)

Hero

@MapleSimmer Are you still not able to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (8,819 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can usually drag plates of food made by NPCs from a counter to the table, etc, I just can't put them in, or pull them out, of the fridge, I have to have a sim do it.  I've not had a chance to test it with something newly created by a NPC as I've not played with a save that had any service people, however, I did see whether I could drag some food already made by a nanny out of the fridge and it still doesn't work, though I did think this was by design. 

I have to find my family with 3 toddlers (it got overwritten by another save so I need to go through my back ups to find it, which is a different issue that I've had since EA changed how you retrieve saves) for me to be able to test it with fresh food made by a NPC (in my case, usually a nanny), but once I find it I can further test if you'd like. (FYI, my game is fully updated, I have all the packs, on Windows 10, even did a factory reset on my game due to other issues, before that repaired after each update & adding C&D as well as regularly clear my game cache, and no mods at the moment as I took my only mod, MCC, out before the Nov 7 patch).

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 9 of 14 (8,806 Views)

Hero

If you could test under what circumstances this still happens, it would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (8,797 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help