Re: Can't get rid of a Tree that was 'Set as Head' and 'Reset Object' while off

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't get rid of a Tree that was 'Set as Head' and 'Reset Object' while off lot.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have testing cheats on, select a Sim. Go off lot and choose any decor tree and set as head. Reset the Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tree has grown 10x its original size and stays in the off lot area. The tree can't be reset or deleted.
What do you expect to see? Tried to select the tree and set as head again to my Sim to then get into lot and delete in build mode. No success.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happened around May I believe. I looked up the issue and someone suggested waiting it out for the game itself to get rid of it. Its July now and the tree has settled in nice and cozy. I had testingcheats on and when I clicked my Sim I saw the Set as Head option not realising what it does, curiosity got the best of me. For my unlucky self, I chose the Reset Object on my Sim and it just happened to be off lot. Now the tree is 10x its size and just driving me insane. I have tried it all. To set it as head again then making my Sim walk back into the lot and resetting the Sim but it only creates a copy instead and that can be deleted in build mode but the original tree is still there. I have attached pictures to show just how massive this tree is. Just a heads up, this takes place in Island Living expansion pack. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 6 (739 Views)

Hero
@_inahsrad Did you save the game or can you go back to an earlier backup ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Other option: Get the DeleteObject Mod or Tool mod from TwistedMexi.

Both should help getting rid of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (689 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still played the game regardless and have made a lot of progress. During that time I was fairly new to Sims game so I didn't know about recovering saved files sadly. I downloaded and tried the DeleteObject Mod including the AllCheats Mod but it didn't work. The tree is still there.

Message 3 of 6 (659 Views)

Hero
@_inahsrad have you also tried T.O.O.L ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (644 Views)

★★★ Novice

SUPER late reply, I apologise BUT I have succeeded in destroying the tree! Hallelujah! So it was quite silly of me because I never play with custom mods or scripts. I had the Custom Mods On but not the Script Mods and I realised after seeing the T.O.O.L Mod had a script menu section as it appeared in my Sims 4 Main Menu. It was a big EUREKA moment! I'm super happy. And thank you for coming to my rescue again. Really really appreciate it!

Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)

Hero
@_inahsrad Glad it's a goner

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (580 Views)