Can't follow my sims on Work anymore

by Psyco_Jeisus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't follow my sims on Work anymore

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I'm facing a weird behavior, I'm playing The Sims 4 with the "Get to Work" expansion. Everything was nice, I was following my sim at work every time.

Then, one of those time, I decided to not follow her for a day and let her work by her own. After that decision, every time when it's time to go to work, the pop up message to follow the sims does not show up and I cannot follow my sim anymore.

I have the option to send her manually, by clicking on the JOB menu and send to work, but them I cannot follow her and can't control on the hospital. With that, I cannot advance in the game, since I cannot do the actions needed for a promotion.

Can someone help me here? Thanks a bunch!!!

Message 1 of 8 (6,520 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't follow my sims on Work anymore

★★★ Novice

Don't worry @kreatora , you're trying to help me a lot in here, I really appreciate it!

And I've finally discovered what happened!!!!

You can't follow your sim on work UNDER A HOLIDAY! Sample: It was Christmas and I was not able to folllow the sim. It passed two days and started the new years, where the job started again I was not able to follow! Also, there was a gigantic coincidence on my tests which both families were on holidays, so that's why you can't follow the sim!

I've played a little longer and now it's working perfectly fine!

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (6,371 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Psyco_Jeisus

Try to fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game" You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Go to Documents/ Electronic Arts/The Sims4 folder. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.

The game will recreate it but without saved errors.
If you have any mods or CC move the mods folder to the desktop. I don't think this problem is related to mods or CC but if you have them, do it just in case

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (6,492 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora It worth the try! As soon as I get home, I'll try that!
Message 3 of 8 (6,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @kreatora , thanks for the help, but the issue persists.

I've repaired TS4 installation, cleared the cache, I still cannot follow my sim at work.

Any other ideas guys? Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 8 (6,446 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Psyco_Jeisus

There is another way. You need to replace all old and maybe corrupted files in the game folder - your saves and library will be not changed or damaged but all other files will be replaced.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and check if you can follow him to work
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Message 5 of 8 (6,438 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thanks for the tip! But the problem is not with the game itself, I think it's related to the savegame...

I've reproduced the issue with another family. I was playing nice and easy, until I send my sim to work without following him (this one was under science career). Since that, I cannot follow anymore.

If I try a new family, or change jobs, I can follow without any problems... Until I don't follow for one day...

Weird...
Message 6 of 8 (6,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Psyco_Jeisus

If you did everything exactly as I wrote above then in a situation where repairing the game does not help, the only option is to reinstall the game. Reinstalling the game only applies to files in the installation folder and does not touch your saves folder or library but to be on the safe side, move the Saves and Tray folders to the desktop.
It looks a bit like breaking the game by an outdated mod but this is strange because after deleting all the old files and in the clean game without mods in the new save you still had this error.

I don't work for EA

Message 7 of 8 (6,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't worry @kreatora , you're trying to help me a lot in here, I really appreciate it!

And I've finally discovered what happened!!!!

You can't follow your sim on work UNDER A HOLIDAY! Sample: It was Christmas and I was not able to folllow the sim. It passed two days and started the new years, where the job started again I was not able to follow! Also, there was a gigantic coincidence on my tests which both families were on holidays, so that's why you can't follow the sim!

I've played a little longer and now it's working perfectly fine!

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

Message 8 of 8 (6,372 Views)