Can't finish writing a book

by nanananikii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't finish writing a book

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue for over a year and still no help anywhere on how to fix it?

I'll try to have my sim write a book, but unless they finish it in one sitting the progress completely resets and I have to start all over again! This is such a hard thing to deal with considering most of the time finishing a higher level book takes so long that you can't just ignore their needs!!! 

I have already tested to see if it's the mods I added onto my game and although that seems to be the problem I can't tell which one it is, and even after deleting ALL the mods and repairing the game, the glitch remains! 

I love this game and the writing skill but because of this glitch I can't enjoy the writing career/hobby at all, or my favorite mods because I can't deduce which one of them is causing the glitch since slowly putting some in and taking them out to test if it works again does nothing. 

The last things I can find on this topic are already 1-2 years ago and I haven't found anything to solve this problem so any help I can get on this would be great.

Message 1 of 5 (7,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't finish writing a book

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a known bug. You don't have to write it in one session. You just can't leave the lot in between as it's the loading screen that resets the progress.

You can add your voice here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Resume-Writing-will-sometimes-starts-over/td-p/40317...

I don't even think there's a mod that solves the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (7,172 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Do you have any mods or Custom Content? If so please remove them and see if that solves the problem.

If you do not have any mods or custom content, pleas try repairing the game via Origin and see if that resolves your problem with finishing books.

Message 2 of 5 (7,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a known bug. You don't have to write it in one session. You just can't leave the lot in between as it's the loading screen that resets the progress.

You can add your voice here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Resume-Writing-will-sometimes-starts-over/td-p/40317...

I don't even think there's a mod that solves the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (7,173 Views)

Consoles can't support mods, so no.
Message 4 of 5 (5,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This thread is from 2016 and this particular bug was solved a while ago. Don't know if it's still an issue on console.

it's best if you create a new bug report for console here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

The more details you can give the better.

There is an open bug report for PC here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-no-longer-resumes-writing-books/m-p/6880454#M64187 so you'll find some info there as well but it's probably still better to keep a separate thread for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (5,073 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help