Re: Can't finish cooking almost all meals?

by AmelieJane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't finish cooking almost all meals?

★★★ Newbie

Almost every single meal, my sims stop cooking about halfway through. Mostly meals using cutting boards, but not necessarily. If I have them click on it to finish cooking, they give me the speech bubble "can't reach" or can't get to, or whatever it is. Absolutely nothing is in the way, nothing is preventing them from reaching, I have moved the half finished meal to every single location possible. The only thing I did before this started happening was I hosted a dinner party; nothing I haven't done before.

This has been going on for over a week. What is going on?!?

Message 1 of 12 (73,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Thanks for all the suggestion.

As this thread is several years old now, I'm going to lock it.

I made a new thread with all the currently known causes for this issue here:  [PLEASE POST HERE] Sims can’t cook anymore

Please use that thread if you have any further suggestions or none of the solutions worked for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (69,964 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

To specify; by "almost all meals" what I mean is that most of the options do this to me. My sims are high level cooking/gourmet cooking. I can make caprese salad, and BLT's, and hardly anything else.

I don't mean that it's random whether the meal works out or not. Just wanted to specify.

Message 2 of 12 (73,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had that happen to me too after I got the new patch loaded I haven't had problems since that's all I can think is that its a glitch in the new patch if it was doing it before you had the patch then it stops it and if it started after the new patch was loaded then its glitching and they need to fix it.. That is all I can think of that it is 

Message 3 of 12 (73,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem now after downloading the go to work add on. my sim litterally half cooks a meal then decides she can't go near the cooker unless she is washing the pan. tried buying a new cooker and rearranging the kitchen. did you find a solution?

Message 4 of 12 (73,350 Views)

Hero

Did you place anything above it with moveObjects ?

Did you check if there's something in the oven.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (73,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue all of the sudden!  After the update the last week of October, but BEFORE I added the City Living game update.  I had a Sim cook a meal and put it away for later (the kids need to eat after school!).  Then about 1 Sim hour later, I had her start to bake a cake for her fiance's birthday.  No matter what I do, she cannot finish making a cake.  Now, it's also happening with some other dishes.  

She can reach fine to clean them up, but not to resume cooking.  Also, I've tried with other Sims, and they're having the same issue.  I've tried going into build-mode to delete the dish in case it was the trouble, I cannot delete it.  I've now also replaced her stove in case there is something inside the old one that the game "forgot."  

Nothing is working.  

Anyone have any help?  I don't know how to do repairs and things like that.  

Thanks!

Message 6 of 12 (73,307 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (73,304 Views)

★ Novice

I had the exact same problem but I replaced my stove with a different one from build mode and it solved the issue 

Message 8 of 12 (70,171 Views)

★ Apprentice
that worked ty
Message 9 of 12 (67,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's probably because of the cheat bb.moveobjects turn it off, then move the item that's blocking it's way or something that's not suppose to be there when there is no cheats. 

@clempicki480 wrote:

Almost every single meal, my sims stop cooking about halfway through. Mostly meals using cutting boards, but not necessarily. If I have them click on it to finish cooking, they give me the speech bubble "can't reach" or can't get to, or whatever it is. Absolutely nothing is in the way, nothing is preventing them from reaching, I have moved the half finished meal to every single location possible. The only thing I did before this started happening was I hosted a dinner party; nothing I haven't done before.

This has been going on for over a week. What is going on?!?

Message 10 of 12 (67,210 Views)