Can't find product code for downloaded Sims 3 expansion packs

by moistcookiedough

Original Post

Highlighted

Can't find product code for downloaded Sims 3 expansion packs

★ Novice

I recently downloaded two new expansion packs on Origin; however, I can't find the product code for my expansion packs. The email I received from Origin was just a receipt but did not provide the product codes. I really need the codes so I can synch my Sims 3 account to my recently purchased games, but I can't do that without the product codes. And every time I click the Sims 3 to shoe "game details", it only shows the game details for the base game. I paid a lot for those expansion packs and I really want to redeem my product code on The Sims 3 so please, someone help me. 

Thank you so much guys.

Chris

Message 1 of 6 (2,770 Views)

Re: Can't find product code for downloaded Sims 3 expansion packs

Hero (Retired)

@moistcookiedough  If you bought the packs on Origin and shows in Origin that information should migrate to thesims3.com automatically. If you bought the packs through Origin activation should be automatic.  BUT if you bought the packs through Origin and really want the codes - open Origin and click Origin in the upper left - click order history - click all - find the packs - click the + and the code should be there.

Message 2 of 6 (2,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is long overdue but just in case someone is having the same problem (as was I today until I figured it out), the way you do it on Origin, click you Sims 3 game as if you're going to play it but then click more and then EP and from there you can install the EPs. They provide you with the product code of which you need to copy and paste. 

Hope that helped !

Message 3 of 6 (2,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where are you seeing the codes? I’ve been super frustrated because I’m trying to add the island paradise EP to my game but can’t find the code anywhere. I’m able to “download” the game but get stopped because I need the registration code that I don’t have (and isn’t in the confirmation email).

Message 4 of 6 (2,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kati_ungefug I fell into the same problem for HOURs before I cancelled the download window. Afterwards, you can go back into the Origins app/client and see that you have a pending download. Click download AGAIN and a prompt should pop up with the code before continuing to the downloader.
Message 5 of 6 (1,815 Views)

Community Manager
Great, thanks for adding that @ibemel.

We'll lock this from here. For future readers, please check out the posts in here and try the advise. Standard smile

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (1,789 Views)