Can’t enter code

by y5l4fxz45h0e

Original Post

Can’t enter code

★ Novice

What is this? I am on steam and I dont understand what this code is supposed to be, I really wanna be able to play the other free worlds!

Message 1 of 8 (586 Views)

Re: Can’t enter code

@y5l4fxz45h0e  Please make sure you're entering the exact code, not mistaking an o for a zero or something.  You can copy and paste the code four characters at a time if it helps.

If that doesn't make a difference, please try a different browser.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (563 Views)

★ Novice

What is the code supposed to be? Is it like something on a physical disk or on an ea account because my sims 3 is not connected to my origin and i don’t want to have to spend the money again

Message 3 of 8 (555 Views)

@y5l4fxz45h0e  In this case, the code is the CD key Steam provides.  Open your Steam library, click on Sims 3, choose Manage > CD Keys, and you'll see a 20-character code for the base game and each pack you own.  Register at least the base game on the Sims 3 store site, and you'll be able to use the store and Exchange.

When you're signing into the store, use your existing Origin credentials (email address and password) so that your Steam content shows up in your Origin library.  This doesn't link your accounts, but it is a good backup to have your game registered with EA.

Message 4 of 8 (548 Views)

★ Novice

I was thinking that, but it’s a 5 letter entry! 7BAFDAD6-5685-4D19-BCED-1AF7B27B0723.jpeg

Message 5 of 8 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]

@y5l4fxz45h0e  You need to click "Register a Game" on the site, not "Redeem a Code," which is for worlds and other bonus content.  I can't tell from your screenshot if the fifth code box is under the first or if that's just some artifact of a site loading issue.

Message 6 of 8 (532 Views)

★ Novice

There isn’t a register a game button on my computer 

Message 7 of 8 (495 Views)

@y5l4fxz45h0e  I meant on the Sims 3 Store site, and yes there is.

screenshot.png

Message 8 of 8 (486 Views)