by Zack4358

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't edit household relationships despite cas.fulleditmode

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except University, every game pack except StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS and try to edit the household relationships (with cas.fulleditmode turned on)
What happens when the bug occurs? It says "Cannot edit pre-existing sims".
What do you expect to see? It should be possible to edit the relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made a patchwork family and I wanted to edit the relationships, but even with cas.fulleditmode, it won't let me edit it and it says "Cannot edit pre-existing sims".

Message 1 of 10 (11,514 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't edit household relationships despite cas.fulleditmode

Hero
@Noconnectiondino Going to lock this thread since this thread is a bit old and we already have a bug report with suggestions what to do here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-edit-pre-existing-sims-Family-relationships/td-p/976527...

Please try the suggestions there or post in that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (6,572 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Zack4358 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting. Still works for me

Are you sure the cheat is active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (11,457 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, the cheat is active, I can edit certain relationships, but most of them are not editable. Another thing is that when I edit one of the editable relationships, other relationships get greyed out and are not editable anymore.
Message 3 of 10 (11,436 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Some of them are co-dependent on what you choose for others or on age groups. Can you maybe change them on another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (11,430 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Even on the non-grey ones, I can't change it because it does not change. It is like the cheat does not work.
Message 5 of 10 (11,413 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Do you have the family in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (11,370 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I added it to the gallery. The household's name is "High School Musical".
Message 7 of 10 (11,365 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Even if I place them in a fresh game before adding them to the world, I can't edit some of the relationships, so it's not cheat related.

Certain relationships are different but that might have to do with you having Sims from the family being in different families ?

I think you get the message if changing would break the family tree.

So for example, your alien has a father-daughter relationship with Chad.. This makes Troy the cousin and you can't change that. If you change the father-daughter relationship, you can then edit the relationship to Troy as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (11,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Zack4358 My game is doing this too. I have no mods or CC but so far in two of my households my sims can’t be changed to mother or wife
Message 9 of 10 (6,607 Views)

Hero
@Noconnectiondino Going to lock this thread since this thread is a bit old and we already have a bug report with suggestions what to do here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-edit-pre-existing-sims-Family-relationships/td-p/976527...

Please try the suggestions there or post in that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (6,573 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help