Can't edit building, "missing rights"

by Emixnaru

Original Post

Highlighted

Can't edit building, "missing rights"

★★ Novice

I couldn't find anyone else with this problem...

I have a building that I downloaded from someone's gallery, but when I try to remove or build walls it won't let me, saying "missing rights" (directly translated from Swedish, might be written as something else in English).

It works fine on all other buildings, but not this one...

Message 1 of 10 (766 Views)

Re: Can't edit building, "missing rights"

Champion (Retired)

@Emixnaru 

Please post screen shot of what you are doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (741 Views)

★★ Novice

sims4_001.pngSims4_002.png

The little red sign says "missing rights". Same thing happens if i try to delete, move, build or change walls or fences

Message 3 of 10 (718 Views)

@Emixnaru

Could you link to the build on the Gallery? I’ll test it in my game too Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 10 (683 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't seem to be able to link it...

But if you search for "Brindleton Country Estate" it should be the first house, created by Bilgeytz

Message 5 of 10 (646 Views)

@Emixnaru 

Thanks. I downloaded it and placed on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, I had no problems. I changed fences and walls and raised the foundation:

02-22-21_9_01_27 AM.png

The fence in the downloaded lot isn't the same as the one in your screenshot, did you manage to change it at some point? Try repairing your game if you haven't already.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 10 (640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I seem to have the same problem here. I'm also Swedish meaning I also got the ''Rättigheter saknas'' or translated to rights missing. I also downloaded a house and is now trying to delete parts of the walls but I can't. I can't even move the room, it just get's marked red and is unable to place down again. I've tried restarting but it doesnt help. This is not a very big problem or anything I'm just trying to figure out if I somhow can fix this.

Message 7 of 10 (564 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@cj00676 btw it seems like the build I downloaded was a shell challenge. Could that be the reason?
Message 8 of 10 (555 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cj00676 

Please link to the build so we can test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 10 (537 Views)

Message 10 of 10 (506 Views)