Can't download cc in launcher and unable to log in

by ItsAlvaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download cc in launcher and unable to log in

★★★ Novice

I played yesterday and everything worked fine, I downloaded CC sims just like I always do. I go to thesims3.com, Exchange, Sims, find one or two I like and download. They show up in the launcher, I install them and then delete them from the download folder in the launcher.

But now when I open the launcher the first page is completely blank. Not one word, not one suggested store item, nothing.
My items are still in the installed folder and I opened the game and everything looked fine.

I try to download something and it says ''There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.''
I don't even know what the ''Log'' is.

I recently (just a few minutes ago) installed Ambitions again, but I've done that the same way tons of times and I don't think that's the problem.

While in game, it says I'm not logged in which I try to always be. So I write the correct email and the correct password but it says it's invalid information.
It's never done that before. I don't know what to do. I can't even access and change my password because I don't know/remember the security answer. (Ex. what's my favorite color, what's my favorite animal etc.)

So I don't know what to do or what I did.
Please help...

Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download cc in launcher and unable to log in

Hero (Retired)

@ItsAlvaa  If the game starts with a blank page my guess is the server was restarted making the stored cookie invalid. If your computer is a pc you need to clear the browsing history in IE (Internet Explore) as that is what the game uses to communicate. This should require you to log in and the start page should work again. The other possibility is the servers are down. With Sims 4 C&D released yesterday the network at EA may have been overloaded. Try resetting IE and see if that helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (400 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also, I can log in on to here, where I have the same password and email, and into the Origin desktop icon.
Not in the launcher or the game though.

And I have tried to update my game but it still does not work.

Message 2 of 4 (343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ItsAlvaa  If the game starts with a blank page my guess is the server was restarted making the stored cookie invalid. If your computer is a pc you need to clear the browsing history in IE (Internet Explore) as that is what the game uses to communicate. This should require you to log in and the start page should work again. The other possibility is the servers are down. With Sims 4 C&D released yesterday the network at EA may have been overloaded. Try resetting IE and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591 Thank you so much! It worked. I can download things and log in!

Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)